Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your first comic?

Options
  • 05-10-2004 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

I can't actually remember what my exact first ever comic was, but I'm pretty sure I started off reading the MarvelUK reprints of transformers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Was issue 3 I think, of a UK magazine of Spiderman. Had amazing spiderman in it, along with overkill and a few others. I bought it in a large newsagents in the city which has since closed down. I then got a couple more issues while they were selling them, and happened across Uncanny X-men 299 in another newsagent.

At that point I went out searching for comic shops and found a small one in the town. My collections started from there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'd like to say Judge Dredd (since it was probably the first comic I started reading in any way regularly, well before I started getting any Marvel stuff) but I have to be honest and say Dandy, Beano, and Beezer. Oh, and a popular spanish comic called Mortadelo Y Filemón (which I still occasionally read now, in fact).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Beano or Dandy..... cant rem which.

other than those the first "real" comic was a Judge Dredd 2000AD annual.
    the bullet riddled bodies were pretty graphic in comparison to the bash st. kids black eyes and skint knees.

Advertisement