Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

• 05-10-2004 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Im trying to start recording my own music were do i start

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

By contacting a recording studio I suppose.
    I think Bombidol runs one, send him a private message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Hi, well i take it you are into recording Hip Hop and rap stuff by the forum you posted. if thats all you are into recording, then the overheads arent gonna be huge. I spent thousands getting Born Screaming up and running cause i listen to all kinds of music and want to be able to record anything.

Theres a few bits and pieces you'll need , some are very important and some arent so important but id recommend getting em anyway.

Ebay is a godsend as you can pick stuff up for next to nothing but lets check out www.thomann.de first all this stuff is perfect for starting to record and you can upgrade as you get better and need more

First thing you'll need is at least one microphone. A decent mic to start with is a Shure SM58 its the industry standard and its perfect for recording and Live work.
    http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/shure_sm58_prodinfo.html?iwid=6 roughly 118 Euro

Next is a small mixing desk
    http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_behringer_ub1002_eurorack_prodinfo.html thats about 78 Euro and they are essential for creating a decent sound before putting it down to the computer.

Thats the basics of all your hardware done, couple of cables here and there and you are sorted.

You'll want a semi decent PC, a regular sound card would do the trick at the start but its definatly worth looking into a good one.
    You can pick up shareware versions of recording software online, Try NTRACK studio, cool Edit and my favourite Adobe Audition. if you like em, buy em.

For making beats etc , i use Fruity loops producer but theres loads of software out there for making beats and music.

Let me know if you have any more questions

gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Fruity Loops is terrible, get Reason, you can get it in Sounds Around, the DJ shop on Capel Street...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Fruity loops is excellent man, i have reason too though never got 100% into it. i agree the earler versions of fuity loops left a lot to be desired but Producer Ed is amazing

Advertisement