Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ?

Options
  • 05-10-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

This might be a stupid question but can someone please tell me if its possible to use an old Nokia charger (eg one i got with a 5210) to charge a new nokia 6230 !? The new charger i got looks a lot different and is a lot lighter !
    I tried plugging my 6230 into an old charger but nothing happens !?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I tried plugging my 6230 into an old charger but nothing happens !?

Errrrrrrrr, well i guess not then!!! Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

All Nokia chargers are basically the same so it must be a problem with the charger itself, ie. it's broken. Although Nokia has changed the design of the charger, like making it lighter as you mentioned, the pin connector is still exactly the same, meaning it should work with both the 5210 and the 6230 and any other Nokia phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Not true, at the moment there are 3 different types of nokia charger... you should use the charger you got with the Nokia 6230.

The old charger like for the 5210 has a power output of 3,7V/355mA and the 6230 charger has a power output of 5,7V/800mA.

If you use the old type charger on your 6230 you will shorten its battery life, and you could be charging it everyday :eek: ...

Advertisement