Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Mid-month tournie suggestions

Options
  • 05-10-2004 4:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In a bid to keep the Suited Aces tournaments fresh and appealing - we think the shoot-out was a success - we are always looking to get feedback on the format of the next one.

So with this in mind I have opened this poll to try and get some concensus regarding the format of the next one.

Please vote and then comment on your decision

Thanks

Hyzepher

Which Format is Best 21 votes

€25 Freezeout
    0%
    €25 Buy-in + €25 re-buy or top-up
    57%
    mewsoWaylanderevillivekrattapopovbitemekenclearydangermanDavey DeviltheprofessorKevinRdirkey_wynneCulchie 12 votes
    €15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys
    42%
    DeVoreLafortezzaCorben DallasHyzepherMadsLIagocarecaJuan PabloBigDragon 9 votes
    €25 Shoot-out (Freezeout)
    0%

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys
    Looks like a fair number enjoyed the Shootout rules (though this time I think we'll drop the 75/150 level as the last time took an aaaage to finish all the tables).

Is anyone interested in a "Heads Up" tournie afterwards (ie: when you get knocked out :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yes, most definitely interested in a Heads-up tournament either in place of, or after the other tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Heads Up Tournament !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys

Oh yes. That would be fun. Now how about we make it a Heads Up Omaha Tournament. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up heads up...

...i mean heads up might be an idea alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Oh yes. That would be fun. Now how about we make it a Heads Up Omaha Tournament. :)

Juan....you are a genius...

Nic

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys
    I'd be happy to run an Omaha SNG for a laugh, that would be fun!

Bingo!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys
    Lets do it! :D

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys
    Arse biscuits. I wont be here this Mid Month game... I'll be in Galway :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

NL heads up can last only a few minutes so I think it would be better to maybe have the best of 3 games per match. As in player X plays player Y 3 times, whoever wins 2 wins the match. Although best of 5 would be much better. Gives you time to read the player and stuff.

cormie wrote:
    NL heads up can last only a few minutes so I think it would be better to maybe have the best of 3 games per match. As in player X plays player Y 3 times, whoever wins 2 wins the match. Although best of 5 would be much better. Gives you time to read the player and stuff.

If you play with big stacks and small blinds the matches will go on for quite a while.

nah not really, once the small stack is all in and loses, that's it. Heads up is exactly that, HEADS, not much to do with the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

a heads up game can last 2 minutes, or it can last 2 hours (we had a league thing going on in our gaff, it was interesting) You do need big stacks and small blinds starting off. If your're out after the first hand well that's bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Its a heads up tournie so Im guessing both players start with even chip stacks Cormie, so it'll take a while for a short stack situatuon to develop, unless someone gets unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Waylander wrote:
    unless someone gets unlucky.
    or stupid

cormie wrote:
    nah not really, once the small stack is all in and loses, that's it. Heads up is exactly that, HEADS, not much to do with the cards.

This is an odd post. Who are you replying to? Of course once the small stack is all in and loses its all over, but if the stacks are big then there is no need to for anyone to be short stacked for quite some time.

The speeds stts on VC are all over within 10 mins, but the 1*1 stts can last up to 30 mins. With a similar setup it would take even longer offline.

They "can" be over very quickly. Does anyone else agree with having more than one game per match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

cormie wrote:
    They "can" be over very quickly. Does anyone else agree with having more than one game per match?
    No one else has disagreed with having one game per match. Do the math!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No, If it is over quickly the winner will have another game to play. Playing the best of five would take forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

€15 Buy-in + 3 re-buys

oh Hell No!!

I've seen you on VC, no intention of ever going heads up against you unless I absolutely have to! :D

Suit yourselves so, I wont argue. I think one game per match is too little however. Best of 3 at least. Maths done, only my oppinion so.

Advertisement