Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to be a millionaire?

• 14-11-2000 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie rolleyes.gif Anyway, enough of that.

My question is, has anybody noticed how difficult the questions on the Irish Who Wants To Be A Millionaire are? Are the producers hell-bent on ensuring nobody walks away with any significant prizemoney. And if they did, would they mysteriously disappear as they leave the studio so that the cheque won't be cashed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Don't know about you but remember that guy who got to £64,000 and quit on that question about Zigurats?

I knew that one.

I'm the Dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Ha ,my 8 year old brother knew that one.

Anyone who has played that secret level ,ziggurat vertigo on quake 1 ,episode 1 would know that answer
    :-P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I read somewhere that Eircell sponsored the thing to the tune of £7 million or so. Ergo, someone in RTE will be drinking the finest wines available to humanity. And these are the crowd that want the Licence Fee put up to ~£120, for 4 channels......

Regards,
    Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is that a million in cash? I wouldn't want a cheque cause then the Revenue guys would take a large bite out of it. wink.gif

I have a funny story about RTE... an old company (who shall remain nameless) brought a couple of RTE guys into thier offices and showed them a promotional video, 3 days later the company got a bill for a TV license. TV wasn't even being used as a TV only for training/presentation videos.

Advertisement