Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking in town (Dublin)

Options
  • 05-10-2004 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know a decent meter parking spot near enough to dame st, for after 7pm ? I know most of them are taken at that stage because the meter is free and its very hard to find a space.

Also I see a lot of cars parked on the bicycle lane near clanbrassil st (no double yellow lines) but they never seem to get clamped. Anyone know the law on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Why not nip across the river and park on Capel Street? Always loads of spots after 7, and you can get quite close to the bridge a lot of the time. Only a short dash over the Liffey then.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cycle lanes tend to be time controlled via information plates with the signage.

I imagine parking should be OK at that hour around Capel Street.

Make sure you check the signs on the individual street as some areas have Pay & Display until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Victor wrote:

Make sure you check the signs on the individual street as some areas have Pay & Display until midnight.

As I found out to my cost... :rolleyes: bloody Whelan's...

Clanbrassil St...thats near Christchurch, isn't it? If I'm thinking of the right place, the cycle lane referred to just across from Leo Burdocks shop round the corner from Dublin Castle. I've parked there loads of times and never been clamped.

Advertisement