Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 1 through netopia

Options
  • 05-10-2004 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

me an a number of friends have set up a quake server for a bit of fun but i cant connect to any servers because of my netopia cayman 3000 modem,
    i can get a connection accepted but no further.
    i think i need to open a port to allow it to connect but the software on the modem dosent have quake 1 as a option, has quake 2 , 3 but they use different address to q1
    q1 uses ip port 26000 but i need more help to get it working
    any1 else find a fix for this?
    the cayman modem is basicily a router without addition lan connections so the gateway is blocking the connection.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

emm, unless you're hosting a quake server, there should be no need to fiddle with the dsl router. i have no idea as to why you can't connect to a server.

if you do want to host a server, you'll need to set up a "pinhole" and point it at your PCs IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i tried setting up the pinhole many times but to no avail, tried eircom to confirm what i was doing but again no joy, tried netopia but they didnt seem to have a clue.(he kept asking what quake was)
    tried quake on 3 other pcs that use cayman 3000 modem and they cant get it to work either,
    the modem has software hosting but why wouldnt they include quake1 is beyond me even if its old.
    i'm not even running the server just cant connect to any quake1 servers(apart from quakeworld)

Advertisement