Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you lived in America, what would you drive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

JAYSUS Mike..

Thats huge!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Lincoln Towncar, Ford Crown Victoria - Any of the BIG US saloons,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw a programme on Discovery about those wagons and I tell ya its no picnic working in/with/around one of them things! Esp as the mines in question are often in incredibly remote spots so if anything nasty happness you might well be DOA. One of the big wories is two colliding in fog and ending up with a few hundred tonnes of rock rolling all over the place! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Komatsu 930E

Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight (lb): 1,100,000
    Capacity (ton): 320

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mike65 wrote:
    I saw a programme on Discovery about those wagons and I tell ya its no picnic working in/with/around one of them things! Esp as the mines in question are often in incredibly remote spots so if anything nasty happness you might well be DOA. One of the big wories is two colliding in fog and ending up with a few hundred tonnes of rock rolling all over the place! :eek:

Mike.

Theres a bigger one takes a mile or half to turn round.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I wonder how much it costs (new or secondhand)
    I can't find any indications (but then again it is such a huge item that it is proabably customised for each client)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My big fear would be comming out one morning and spotting a flat! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

The 67 Shelby Mustang GT500....

jackymobile.jpg

'67%20Shelby%20Mustang%20GT500%20(Gone%20In%20Sixty%20Seconds%20-%20Elanor).jpg

I don't like any of the other American junk so alternatively I'd have to get my R34 GTR Skyline :)

2fast.jpg

00012381.jpg

r34_1.GIF

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'd still drive one of these : http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Blitz205/

If I aboslutly had to drive an American car, it'd have to be a Mustang GT.

mike65 wrote:
    kmsutrk.jpg

He he! :D

Mike.

Now that's a bug Tonka toy..I think I had one of those for Christmas years ago. Though maybe not quite as big.

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

If I had to drive an American car it would be one of these:

3.5l 24-valve aluminum V6 - 250bhp. Definitely one of the best looking American production cars.
    Otherwise (theoretically unfortunately) I'd wait for the new Audi S8 to come out, fill it with cheap unleaded and just go nuts in it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Here it is.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

A cop car, similar to the one in the blues brothers, havent a clue what it is.

Most probably a Ford Crown Victoria. Something a bit like this maybe?
    269990_6_full.jpg
    Or maybe an older model of this. I think this is an '88 model so newer than those in the Blues Brother's

This is the interior of my car. Does anyone like it? And more importantly, does anyone know what car it is?
    647933_4_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Well done. You were quick and I see you also found my previous post! Most people think the car is ugly from the outside but once they step inside, their attitude usually changes quickly enough. I only stuck it in coz it has an American look to it (on the outside anyway)

A cop car, similar to the one in the blues brothers, havent a clue what it is.
    The car Jake and Elwood had in the Blues Brothers was a 1973 Dodge...

bluesbrothers.jpg

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

thats the one. one wicked machine with plenty of soul.

thats the one. one wicked machine with plenty of soul.

Oh hell yeah. Remember when they jumped the bridge at the start..... brilliant! :D

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

definitely something like this....

Advertisement