Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win XP automatic updates

Options
  • 05-10-2004 9:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For some reason the latest automatic update for Win XP didnt give me the option to view details.

In the past I could view what updates were there to dl, so I could decide what I wanted, and know what I was getting. Just now I got the pop-up on my toolbar, and I only had the choice of quick install or custom install, thinking details would appear once I chose an option, I went with quick, and it just installed the info, which I'm not very happy with.

Do I have to click Custom to see what I'm getting, or do I just have to know from my own searching what is being offered?

flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Yes when you select cutom you get to review details on all update and chose which to instal, its the best way cos half the time there is stuff there ya dont even need.l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Is it since you installed XP's SP2?

Advertisement