Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant read through all of new posts...

Options
  • 05-10-2004 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Just to let you know that I can't get through all of the new posts without it timing out halfway through. I'm fairly sure this has been the case since you made changes to the site. If not, i did switch to mozilla firebird - but i think its got more to do with cookies and your side of things...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

You are saying that you visit the homepage and then open, say 10 threads, in new tabs by clicking on them quickly, and then the latter tabs just keep loading.

That happens in Firefox, not just on boards but on most sites, so either it iis a bug of firefox, or more likely the remote server is afraid limits requests by IP per unit time, probably some apache setting.

I suggest you try opening 10 pages, but leave a gap of 2 seconds instead of one that works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The reason for the timeouts is simple and has been documented in loads of therads here on Feedback. vB3 is much more intensive than it's predecessor and boards is also busier than ever. The server(s) just can't carry the load any more and the main server is due to be replaced very soon.

Imagine yourself opening say 10 of the new posts in tabs and think of everyone else doing similar things at peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Ok thanks for the clarification. Sounds like everything will be back on track once the new servers are setup.

Advertisement