Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

really annoying add

• 17-11-2000 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ever watch an add so many times and its soooo annoying?
    the one that gets me is the shredded wheat one with ian botham.
    the part where he dumps tons of 'scientific' papers on whole wheat and say that after years of research, scientists say that whole wheat MAY ACYTUALLY help your heart.

youd think the scientists would say, it helps your heart, but no, it MAY help your heart.
    and this is said not once, but twice in the add. it really gets on my t1ts i have to say.
    oh, and ian botham face is quiet annoying as well....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Haven't seen that one I'm glad to say - the one that gets me is the Alpha Diamond razor ad.

Heavy implication of 'oh she won't fu<k my brains out unless I use an Alpha Diamond' blah blah macho boll0cks blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The Ad that really really ****es me off at the moment is taht Esat Digiphone with the Slapper telling her fella she wants a WAP Phone......arrggghhh what a pair of annoying ar$ewipes ...definate switch channel moment.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 redder88

SunnyD

"Got any SunnyD Mum ?"
    I mean how annoying is that? Could they not buy some decent scriptwriters?....Grrrr

I also hate the way it makes SunnyD out to be "Healthy". Oooh great its got vitamin C ...but they just gloss over the fact that
    its full of sugar.

Other honourable mentions go to:
    -Reisen
    -Mentos
    (really really awful)
    -The new Cindy Crawford add (Whats that about like?)

[This message has been edited by redder88 (edited 17-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'll second that resien add.

'can i have another?'

no...f*ck off and die you w*nker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Surf Automatic - Biddy must die again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

the most annoying ads are the wassup ads.
    its so ****ing old at this stage ,it drives me insane.
    its just not funny any more please make the bad ad stop.

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

the most annoying ads are the wassup ads.
    its so ****ing old at this stage ,it drives me insane.
    its just not funny any more please make the bad ad stop.
    I'll second that one, It was funny at dunlan when we seen it on amps or slanns comp and we where all drunk but now when ever you go out to a pub you hear some muppet in the back round going wwwwwwaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuupppppp!!!!! and you just want to smash the closest bottle of beer over his head!!

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 18-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i reckon the worst ad has to be the kinder suprise or kinder milk bar ads. and also them fu<kin ads on sky "my laptop junior". they p1ss me right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

poxy bloody haribo fooking ads do my bloody head in frown.gif

grrrrrrrr

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

"oh he's not at his best........" nappy ad.
    Grrr, nuf said.
    And wurthers originals with the paedophile grand dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

... and here was me thinking i was the only one who noticed an unusual smile on that granddad's face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Actually I also despise the current Pringles ad with all those hip d00ds dancing around the apartment block and having a friggin great time cos they're eating pringles - pleae fu<k off and die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I like your point, WWMan...

If some washed up half celeb half sports star told you to do something because it MAY be a good idea, would you just jump at the chance because it was they who said so..?

Frankly, if Frank Stapleton told me eating brussels sprouts every day MAY make me live 10 years longer... I'd tell him to fu<k off.

Eat Shredded Wheat because it MAY be good for you? Don't trust the man with the dodgy moustache!

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

by the way... my addition to the list would be the bloody awful "comedian" Harry Hill and his ad for one2one phones, featuring the badger, the shark, the fox and the baldy witless moron himself.

"Oh look! I nearly fell into the trap of high charges ... blah dee blah dee blah... etc" - what you need is a one2one phone, Harry? Nah... swift kick in the testicles more like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

"Theres always a reason, for a Riesen chocolate chew,just for you"
    I hate that gay add so much.Everyone of those actors in those adds are gay.

Not to mention that retarded add for Lucozade with yer one from Tomb Raider innit. That guy with the chainsaw is also gay.

Another excruciating add is the Kinder/Kinder Bueno adds they feature kids from western europe that need a slap so badly its not funny.They remind me of those demented kids in Barney and friends......uggghhhhh

The only reason Harry Hill is doing those pathetic adds is because hes not famous/funny anymore and hes getting a little poor.

Grrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Definately the Prngles new Pizza flavour Ad....... if I ordered a pizza and some ass delivered me that, I'd hit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Castor Troy:

Heavy implication of 'oh she won't fu<k my brains out unless I use an Alpha Diamond' blah blah macho boll0cks blah.

Now that you mention it nothing much happened after I bought the Alpha Diamond. Plus when I bought the MACH 3 I didn't suddenly become a fighter pilot and I didn't become a great surfer after buying Old Spice.

Mind you after buying Bodyform pantyliners I could happily rockclimb, hangglide and rollerblade. Also I had the mad urge to wander around in womens underwear... ummm..I'll get my panties...COAT!!! I MEAN COAT!!!!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Most of those are headwreckers allright, other honorable mentions must go to
    Baileys Yuppie Scum - Die! now!
    The penalli pen set and its sibling spawn of satan.
    Any NTL ad boasting about internet (Sorry, im not in the right area to watch your commercial, try again next year).
    That laughing Guinness ad - er, what?
    The one (not on anymore) for the new late late show, with plank kenny having a pint with the 'normal people' and walking his dog on the beach.

Mind you, the Bud wassup ads are still funny, its just the student types who insist on shouting it in your earhole all night that deserve the death of a thousand pokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Calgon Tablets.

the same ad since 1973.

bout time they ****ed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Baileys Yuppie Scum - Die! now!

I thought the new one was quite clever actually smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Mills:
    I thought the new one was quite clever actually smile.gif
    Grudgingly agreed, but nothing makes up for the pool table "who drank my drink' fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

the punani pen set ad does me head in or the fu<kin sunny delight ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

lol
    penelli pen set
    my friend actually bought it,its a complete peice of todge

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Advertisement