Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Show ID' problem with Motorola V525?

• 05-10-2004 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Am writing this on behalf of my girlfriend's Mum. She bought a Motorola V525 on Vodafone prepaid today.

Everything seemed fine with it. But when she rings someone, her caller ID on their phone was shown as 'Private number'.

So i looked at phone settings and under the caller ID section, it only has the option 'For Next Call' and you can either 'Show ID' or 'Hide ID'

Her next call showed her number alright. But after that call, her caller ID was reset as 'Private number' again.

Anyone ever had a problem with this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Hi

This is a known problem with the Moto V525. If you ring Vodafone they
    can set the caller ID up on the system so it will show on all calls.

This actually is a problem on vodafone's end. The Motorola V525 and V300 use the network's default caller ID setting. Vodafone default to blocking the number while O2 and Meteor default to sending it.
    There is a hidden setting to allow the caller ID to be sent for all calls but its not something I'll suggest. Better off telling vodafone about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the info all!

Will pass on the information.

Advertisement