Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who needs Eircom, when you have UTV!!!

• 06-10-2004 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have just changed my line rental to UTV, I also have the Clicksilver service. No major problems so far to report.

I also get 100% free phone calls at the evenings and weekends.

The line rental is he very same price as eircom, FREE CALLS, twice the cap, better BB, Who the f*ck needs eircom anymore.....

No more bills ever from them scumbags :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Just to clarify this..

Its 100% free phone calls evening and weekends to Irish and UK landlines only. Mobiles still cost you and premium numbers are obviously charged for.

Otherwise I'd agree with your sentiments..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Yes it's free landlines to ireland and UK.

Mobile calls are still cheaper...........

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Free beer and free women ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

ShadowFax wrote:
    Who the f*ck needs eircom anymore.....

Unfortunately, YOU still need €ircon - you're still using their line. The billing is through UTV (and I'm not minimising the advantages of single billing), but it's not a UTV phone line.

Given the problems UTV have had in the past with their network providers, €ircon among them, I've decided to hold off on this until some subscribers, like yourself, report on the way line servicing actually works under Wholesale Line Rental i.e. if you have a line problem, you call UTV, they call €ircon, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

what if your a gamer, utv are awful for latency :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

They used to be Tuxy definitely and tehy still are slightly worse than eircom but the latency (along with a lot of the other problems) seems to have cleared up. Haven't tested this recently admttedly but I'll try it tonight and post the numbers.

At the moment this looks like probably the best DSL package out there to me. The only reason I haven't gone for it is that NTL are now available in my area and VoIP is on the horizon, dim and distant though it may be.

I've been on UTV for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had one problem with playin anything!!!

Playing Call of duty, Unreal, Wolfestein, Medal, Quake. Ripping it. Low pings. Runs just like LAN gaming.

All I know is that by me switching to UTV, I won't be billed by eircom anymore, I get 100% free phone calls in the evening & weekend, cheaper mobile & premium rates, so how could you lose.

I'm happy, thats the main thing dudes,

Later, gonna kick some ass in quake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

I agree.... there has been a lot of UTV bashing on this forum, and while its nice to let off a bit of steam once in a while, I gotta say I find UTV's service excellent.

There. Said something positive. Feels kinda wierd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Yep, they will at least call you back and attempt to resolve problems.

I'm on the UTV talk product as well since last month and I expect my phone bill to drop to almost nothing now.

On the other hand since I'm cursed to have only dialup at the moment (line still fails for dsl) I have found the utvip xl dialup proiduct a disaster. I have to reconnect every 4 minutes or so to get any connection speed out of it as it keeps stalling but claiming its still connected. Yet if I switch to indigo or eircom dialup I get 5k/sec.

Don't worry dude, your DSL day will come ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement