Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handset radiation emissions available 'on one website'

• 06-10-2004 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

For all you guys with three ears and wonder why:

www.mmfai.info/public/sar.cfm

gibo....
    :eek:

mods: Feel free to move to a more appropiate section
    Holiday in Ireland -- Donegal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Whats more disturbing is the fact that most mobile manufacturers actually have patents for devices to limit the radiation, but they don't implement them as they are pricey and not in demand!, well thats what i read in the paper before and before you ask it wasn't the Star!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Notice how some models meet EU standards and some meet international standards...wonder which is safer??...EU presumably??

Holiday in Ireland -- Donegal

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Having worked in mobile phone support, I know that at least one manufacturer is taking something of a "suck it and see" approach to SAR values & health - can't name 'em as I still work for them, but...uh...be wary of "sailors" mobile phones.

Basically, the phones conform to international SAR guidelines (although only just, in some cases). And the helpdesk is allowed to tell customers what the rating is. However, the helpdesk is *not* allowed to actually send customers a hard copy of this info. And I don't think it's in the manual.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Mobiles/PDAs forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Nope..it seems that the US/Canada SAR limit is lower, at 1.6W/kg, whereas the EU limit is 2.0W/kg. :confused:

Advertisement