Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss World On campus

Options
  • 06-10-2004 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Well I saw her twice around the place and I don't think she is any miracle look like any random good looking lady, There are far better people in UCD and in general.
    Well what do you think?

Miss World, what ya think? 24 votes

Miss World, cahnged my life even more than sliced bread!
    0% 0 votes
    It think she's gread
    8% 2 votes
    She's not that amazing
    16% 4 votes
    She's no miss universe!
    75% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Superman wrote:
    Well I saw her twice around the place and I don't think she is any miracle look like any random good looking lady, There are far better people in UCD and in general.
    Well what do you think?

well i've seen her a few times and i think that she is a beautiful looking girl but she should lay off the make-up. a little bit too shiny if you ask me.
    and like you say, there are better looking people around campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

nothing special about her, there are far better looking ladies around campus. she's all make up and blonde hair, they're everywhere ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I probably wouldn't be able to pick her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

aye im sure i seen better than her on the average night out which leads to the question of how she even got to the miss world comp let alone win it ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

wait i'm confused. she's still miss world but she back in college?

doesn't she have to open supermarkets/save the world from aids?

or has it been a year already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

wasnt there some trouble or something about her not "fulfilling all her obligations"....whatever they may be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The Lass in my psychology tutorial is better looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

dangerman wrote:

doesn't she have to open supermarkets/save the world from aids?

I suppose so...or work with children even...wondr if shes gona duet with her dad on any of his albums..... ;)

Peachy pants ther was a problem with one of her things immediately after she got her fancy/gaudy (take ur pick) crown, she was meant to go to the land of OZ for some major people with disabilities event or something, i'm not too sure, so people feel free to correct me, anyway she was supposed to be guest of honour and didnt turn up and only gave them a short amount of times notice..

well she aint amazingly good luking, i've seen her around the odd time, pretty, bit too much make-up tho but at least she doesnt look likes she'd need a jack hammer or something to get it off.but pretty all the same and a good model for newbridge jewlry.

But fair play to her for coming back to college, i'm sure she must feel a bit strange seen as how nearly everyone knows who she is, pretty girl.

i dont know her at all, i think everyone should b given a chance and fair play to her for going for the thing and winning it.

Personally it aint my thing, I dont believe in it at all, waste of time, money, kind of ridicules/trivialises important issues in the world (i mean using the whole "i want to work with dying children", or "cure aids"-im sure some are genuine but...)-getting the "aw isnt she wonderful" vote, (yea wonderfully talkin out her arse), objectifies women etc, but itl get her places(mayb even playboy..wonder if they offerd her anything..) and its an xperience with perks that many of us will never kno, so fair play to her.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Alana wrote:
    But fair play to her for coming back to college, i'm sure she must feel a bit strange seen as how nearly everyone knows who she is.
    Yeah i your right, Personally i think she is something of a national hero, if it wasn't for her i would never of wised up to water safety!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Gileadi wrote:
    aye im sure i seen better than her on the average night out which leads to the question of how she even got to the miss world comp let alone win it ^^

Tis not all about looks...seemingly she is very relaxed, intelligent and great fun....Then again i've never met her so how true that is i don't know... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The UCD BOP phenomenon roles on

(Blonde Orange Pink)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

syke wrote:

(Blonde Orange Pink)

:D

Six years out, and thats my one lasting memory of the place.

Do all the cool kids still wear their collars up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

syke wrote:

(Blonde Orange Pink)
    Its an unfortunate situation that only mass homicide can derail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think all those beauty contests are fixed.
    Did anyone else notice Miss Universe is always from planet Earth?
    See, a definite fix IMHO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm sure she still gets the black squits after a heavy night out on the Guinness just like the rest of us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yes all the cool kids wear their collars up :o :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

i saw her in the toilets and first thing i thought was who's that girl with too much eye make-up.But she's miss world i suppose she has to keep up appearance, unlike the rest of us she can't roll out a bed finish our night sleep on the bus in and walk into a lecture looking like someting that was pulled through a cat's ass.Like was said fair play to her i mean she's a student like the rest of us; but then she's miss world- that has to be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

lafortezza wrote:
    I'm sure she still gets the black squits after a heavy night out on the Guinness just like the rest of us...

I'm sorry, but it sounds much better if you say:
    I'd say she walks away from a fair-sized ****e

*Sin&#233 wrote: »
    unlike the rest of us she can't roll out a bed finish our night sleep on the bus in and walk into a lecture looking like someting that was pulled through a cat's ass.

One of the many benefits of not being famous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I dont think shes anything but just another oompa loompa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I dont think shes anything but just another oompa loompa.

No, no, no

BOP's are the queen's that lay the eggs that oompa loompas hatch from.

Its kinda like aliens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Like Aliens yes but the guys in the suits had less make up and effects to make them look the way they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I can't believe that I'm not partaking in the all amusing piss-taking. Its not like me, especially on such an easy target :p I think fair play to her for doing so well. In all honesty, I'd say its harder to win that contest that an olympic medal. I know she could have done much more in her role as Miss World but I think alot of that was her managements fault (ie.her father).
    I'm glad she came back to college. Its great to be able to say you go to the same college as Miss World! Next step is asking her to go out with me. Does anyone know where she is for her next lecture?!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Poor girl must be getting an awful slagging. What does she study?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Orts i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Daddy claimed in an interview for a weekend paper that she was getting enough sponsorship, so well I suppose she'll have to stay in college in hope of getting a job when she graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Well seeing as the place is usually full of 'killOIney'-type folk, tai-boys and oopa-lumpa women I'm not surprised that she's getting stick.

Lay off the girl. She's obviously just trying to get through college like the rest of ye up there.Opening a bithcing-threads like this on public forums says a lot IMO

Opening a bithcing-threads like this on public forums says a lot IMO
    Hmm... I opened the thread and I didn't bitch about her once, in fact I said fair play to her for going back to colloege.
    But thenm again you probly were too lazy to read the whole post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Well seeing as the place is usually full of 'killOIney'-type folk, tai-boys and oopa-lumpa women I'm not surprised that she's getting stick.

Lay off the girl. She's obviously just trying to get through college like the rest of ye up there.Opening a bithcing-threads like this on public forums says a lot IMO

Eh, wtf? A bitching thread???? I think you've got it wrong. Some people are just taking the piss, they're not out to ruin her reputation or hurt the girls feelings. Firstly, go to UCD if you want to post here and secondly read all the posts before you post. There's nothing more annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Corelli

I think that this thread should be stopped. i dont tink Ms. (Daviseson?) gives a crap who you are or what you think about her. It's more a reflection on you rather than her. Get a life or else start commenting on something that doesn't show you up as a L-O-S-E-R!! Even if the original poster didnt mock her, it shows what kinda sados there is out there...

Advertisement