Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash question

Options
  • 06-10-2004 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm using Flash 4, to create animations for a website I am working on, I have a few questions/problems.

Is it better to use animated gifs rather than Flash or Shockwave, because no third party software is required?

When I export a movie as SWF or FLA, and place it on the webpage in Dreamweaver, it displays fine on my pc, but, when I view it on someone elses pc, nothing happens. I mean, the web page opens up, but there is just a blank space where the anim should be, and no prompts to download anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I think once the replies come streaming in that they'll be along the lines of "Flash is Flash, no need for it unless it can do something that a gif or other method cannot do just as well instead".

And I'd agree that unless you need some really hi tech flash interface that you should you pics instead.

Stupid question: Does the other person have access to both the html page and the swf file??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

yep. I had the whole lot copied over. Although I think flash looks a hell of alot better, and it usually loads alot faster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

If you have xhtml declarations on the page, try removing them and categorise the page as basic html. I vaguely remember having some sort of problems with it before, some of the tags that flash inserts when you publish to html not being valid xhtml.

Advertisement