Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options
  • 06-10-2004 11:22am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Fitz Business League starts next Monday and runs over 8 weeks. As youo are probably aware Boards.ie are current champions so we need to defend our title. However, the dream team of earlier this year are now morphed into Suited Aces and we will be entering a team under that name.

So the Boards.ie team needs new blood and that's where you guys come in. For the moment all I need is someone who is willing to take charge of the team, do all the organising etc. It will then be up to them to create a team of 7 (5 play on a given night).

If you are interested in organising the team just post here - timeframes are tight and we will need to get player names into the Fitz asap so I need someone you can devote some time to this over the next 24hrs

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

w00t! Don't have any time to do any organising but definitely want to play in the business league. So i'll put my name foward for the boards team, for the captains consideration or any other team that'll have me as a member.
    So basically mercenary for hire here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'd be interested in playing in this to. Anywhere I can get more details on whats involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

definitely interested in playing, but won't be able to commit the time for organising unfortunately.

Available for a team if required..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

How often is it on? What are the stakes? Is there a website or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I'm super busy this week but definitely want to play in the team.

If there is a tonne of interest we could enter a Boards.ie team and a BSOP team, maybe the top 5 in the league or something :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The tournament is a simple running total game. Teams get divided up into seperate tables and each table is a seperate game - points going to each player depending on where they finish. Team then totals up points and a league table is formed.

Games are on Mondays - starting this Monday for 9 weeks - 8 games & 1 bank holiday when it is not on. Normally start at 6pm or 6:30pm.

1st prize is €1000

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

How much is it to enter? I'd be up for playing, but wouldn't have the time to organise!

I think it is €100 per team.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

and 4 members to a team with a couple of stand-ins?

can we just make this thread a signup page and email the lists to the fitz?

I do not mindorganising it on a weekly basis, but unfortunately I am away on a cruise for the next two Mondays :D , so if somebody looks after things for the first two weeks, I do not mind taking over from them when I get back, if they want me to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Waylander wrote:
    I am away on a cruise for the next two Mondays :D
    Ladbrokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Jeasus I'd hate to missing out on the Business League by having to go away on the Ladbrokes cruise ;)

I'd love to play in the League if there's places available.

If you guys are happy for me to pick the team and submit the paperwork then I will. But remember SA are out to kick your asses

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thanks Chris, that'd be sound. Oh and keep dreaming, we are the champions ;)

OK Team to follow

"Ladbrokes?"

Yep, heading off on Sunday morning. Can't wait.

Cheers Chris count me in for the Monday after the Bank Holiday onwards.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You need 7 realistically. 5 to play and 2 subs each week for cover.
    The way we did it last year (and the way you should do it imho) is to rotate the team around each week in a predetermined fashion to give all 7 equal play. Its only fair.

DeV.

ps: Waylander if you meet a Danish guy called "Morten" (user name mrt54 or something) can you give him my email details.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Count me in, if there's a spot remaining..

OK team is - subject to comfirmation from the Fitz

Kencleary
    Waylander
    Iago
    Karlh
    Dirkey_wynne
    Davey Devil
    Krusty_clown

Ken - You are team contact. You will all need to send me your real names by PM asap so I can send in your application

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

oh fecks sake. I don't read the board for 5 hours and miss this.

Count me in if someone has to drop out.

Greg

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    You need 7 realistically. 5 to play and 2 subs each week for cover.
    The way we did it last year (and the way you should do it imho) is to rotate the team around each week in a predetermined fashion to give all 7 equal play. Its only fair.

DeV.

ps: Waylander if you meet a Danish guy called "Morten" (user name mrt54 or something) can you give him my email details.

Will do Tom, but you'll need to pm your email address

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

tom .at. spin.ie

its not a private address, most people here know it.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I do remember Luke making sure boards was a registered company, something SA are not. So are we jumping the gun assuming SA will be able to enter.

The above team is on the basis that both teams can enter.

Hyzepher

I'm checking that tonight. Its going to be a massacre if we enter two teams which is not something I would want to see if I were them simply because even last year when we were running away with it (more to our surprise then anyone elses!) it got boring because it was almost a certainty that we'd win.

If we can only enter one team then I'd give the first time team the option first. Its only fair really.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If there's SA and that Boards team there'll definately be competition between the two.

I wouldn't be surprised with the growth in poker in the mean time if there won't be other very strong teams out there that we don't know about yet.

I'd love to see the fitz put in a team themselves.

What I'd really love is if the Fitz and the Merrion put in a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Thanks Chris, that'd be sound. Oh and keep dreaming, we are the champions ;)

Are you regretting the offer you had to play on the original team davey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

DeVore wrote:
    If we can only enter one team then I'd give the first time team the option first. Its only fair really.

What I think would be fair would be that SA play off against the new boards team and the winning team enters the league.

But I doubt it'll come to that.

Both teams can enter, I'm putting them in this afternoon.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

excellent, looks liks Boards will be taking home the trophy again this year :D

Advertisement