Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yeah think so. had 5 so far i think and 8 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'll be there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I cant make it again tonight - How's everybody else?

Assuming everyone else can make it the team will be:

Iago
    Davey Devil
    Waylander
    Krusty_Clown
    Dirkey_Wynne

Sorry Karlh but you gotta miss some games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'll be there..

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Yup. I'll be there. We're about 30 points back at this stage guys. Big game needed!!

• Advertisement

How are SA doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Crapola to the max. Mightn't have the numbers tonight either unfortunately.

Sure you can always draft in player X again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

So how'd we do?

• Advertisement

Not well. I know Waylander went out, possibly 5th or lower - can't be sure - he told me a few were out before him. I believe Krusty was gone by this stage also. I went out 4th. Davey was still playing as I left.

Don't ask.. :( Should've stayed home.

Played extremely tight for almost an hour, and then for some reason decided to play K7s (healthy number of callers). Flop comes K78. Raise in to me, I re-raise all-in (for not much more), and was called by the raiser who revealed KQo and hits the Queen on the turn.

That's what you get for playing K7s. But it's so tempting after seeing one flop in an hour..

How did you get on Lafortezza?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Myself and Davey both finished 2nd on our tables...

I was heads up and Cl, just, when this hand occured.

I had K8d, and was SB, blinds were 200-400, I raise to 1200, player calls

Flop is AA8, he might have an A, so I bet 1200 he flat calls,

Turn is a rag, I bet 1500, he calls,

River is a Q, I put him all-in, he calls and turns over JQo to give him AA & QQ's and leave me with fcuk all chips. No straight draw, no flush draw, nothing...

I know you'll probably say that I should have gone all-in earlier, but trust me, he'd of called. Earlier on I had QQ and went all-in for 1200, he had 600 left and called with 46o and hit a straight!

I've no major complaints about how I went out. Raised with 4 left with A9. Flop of 8 high, rainbow. Was watching my opponent (tight, folded when he had nothing) knew he'd hit nothing. I went all in for 1000 he called. I knew I was gone. He had AJ. in other words I was right thinking he hadn't hit, he made a good call as I'd even less!

Where's Evil Bilbo today - Hey EB How your lot do?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nothing wrong with that play. Are you seriously telling me if he had SHOWN you KQ after the flop you wouldnt have been just as happy to reraise all in?

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Nothing wrong with that play. Are you seriously telling me if he had SHOWN you KQ after the flop you wouldnt have been just as happy to reraise all in?

DeV.
    I know there was nothing wrong with the play, but the Business League is different. Because of the play, I went out 10th of 11 players. Had I not been in the hand at all, my stack (small as it was at that stage (around 575) would have possibly survived 4 or 5 people going out before me.

I put him on a King with a good kicker, so should I really have risked going out in 10th position by giving him a 30% chance to beat me? In a tournament where you're playing for yourself and finishing position matters little, then 'yes'. In the BL, I really shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place.

I guess, on the other hand, 70% of the time, I would have won a pot of approximately 1,500 chips, which would have put me in good stead for a high finish. Them's the cards..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yup, thats poker. The fact that its the Business League shouldnt really affect your decisions THAT much. I agree that it was loose play to be in the hand but once you flop Kings-and you have to run with it!

DeV.

Well some bell end called my all in Ah 10h with K 5 and hit a five on the turn to put me out. I played at his table the last time I was there and he was getting lucky all that night, it was happening again last night, at least three times I heard him say he did not deserve to win the hand he had just won. The call was for over half his stack. I hate when people moan about losing a hand, but I had to bite my toungue as I was leaving there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Moan away, it feels great.

• Advertisement

I bluffed into trip Queens!

Moan away, it feels great.
    do not, DO NOT, tempt me oh Devil...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aodh3

I think im the "bell end" who put out waylander. And as far as i remeber the call wasnt for half my chips, i was chip leader at that stage ( went out 6th though so it obviously didnt help) and the reason i called was exactly because i could afford to gamble to put someone out. Not p***ed about the lucky bit coz its fair to say I was lucky flopped trip jacks on 3 seperate occasions on monday night, its the bell end bit that i resent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I dont htink Waylander was being personal - although it may have sounded like it - I think he was just venting frustration.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yeah, 'bad poker player' would have been more accurate i'd say.

hmmm......i dunno.......K5.....

were they suited? :)

Honestly dont remeber. Fair enough Im def a loose aggresive player but sure playing like that has done me well so far.

Ah,... Boards.ie. Bringing people together.

I've dropped K5 preflop. Honest!

DeV.

Lads I honestly respect the lot of ye Ive been coming on here reading the posts for the last number of months and I have been using the advice and info i get from here in my game ( true no one said call an all in with K5) but it was just that bell end sh*te that tore it for me. Fair enough you mightnt like the result but I had F*ck all to do with the 5 coming out on the turn.

Ah mate, you know how it is. No matter what, every poker player tells himself whatever (s)he has to to get to sleep at night. I very very rarely hear people say "jeez, you know, I probably over bet my hand and when yer man got a lucky card my goose was cooked".

What you hear is "WTF?! How could that <insert explicative of choice> call me?! For all his chips?! FS! I cant play against fookin' fish!"

"Bell end" seems remarkably tame compared to what I'd be calling you! :):)
    Its just blowing off steam at being a bit unlucky (about 65% vs 35% off the top of my head). It IS a poor call so you might want to think about dropping K5 preflop (even to the blinds in many cases!) but dont take it personal if someone fumes a bit here.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Wtf was Waylander doing in the hand with A10 anyway? Its not even connected...

Advertisement