Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aodh3

Fair enough your right ( about it being tame and about dropping K5) just wanted to voice the otherside of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

aodh3 wrote:
    Lads I honestly respect the lot of ye Ive been coming on here reading the posts for the last number of months and I have been using the advice and info i get from here in my game ( true no one said call an all in with K5) but it was just that bell end sh*te that tore it for me. Fair enough you mightnt like the result but I had F*ck all to do with the 5 coming out on the turn.

How many chips did you have? How much was the raise for?

Being a big stack is great isnt it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

aodh3 wrote:
    Lads I honestly respect the lot of ye Ive been coming on here reading the posts for the last number of months and I have been using the advice and info i get from here in my game ( true no one said call an all in with K5) but it was just that bell end sh*te that tore it for me. Fair enough you mightnt like the result but I had F*ck all to do with the 5 coming out on the turn.

Hehe, I certainly shouldn't comment after going out with K7, but you were on a 2/3 chance of doubling up Waylander. Did you put him on a bluff, or just hoping for the best? Like me, you wont be holding onto your chips for long with K+weak kicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Apologies Aodh I was still steaming a bit when I posted that up, it was not intended as a personal dig, I just could not believe you had made the call. At the time I do not think you were CL as a few hands previously another all in call had doubled up the guy sitting directly opposite you, that hand had cost you 1100 i think, so it was for about half you stack, maybe Muso can confirm.

Well i had thought that you had gone out before that so if you saw the other hand then i def wasnt chip leader sorry about getting it wrong

• Advertisement

I had put him on a steal simply because he was getting low on chips and if i was in his postion i would have raised all in on K4 but then again i am a terrible poker player. :)

aodh3 wrote:
    I had put him on a steal simply because he was getting low on chips and if i was in his postion i would have raised all in on K4 but then again i am a terrible poker player. :)

I'll fight you for that title. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

FOIGHT! FOIGHT! FOIGHT!

And here I was, thinking I was the worst player ever. Or so I've been told :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

How many chips did you have? How much was the raise for?

Being a big stack is great isnt it ;)

feel a SuitedAces article on "Chip Envy" coming......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I think you're a great player DeV it just upsets me that I'm not at the same table as you often enough.

I have to start getting back into the fitz on a regular basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

Iago wrote:
    Myself and Davey both finished 2nd on our tables...

i think i was sitting next to you on table eight, how did that bizarre guy from Norway finish up? please tell me he didnt win, he was impossible to predict.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No need for a fight. We all know Dev is the worst player. Anyway I was on aodh3's left on Monday and I have to be honest Waylander he was on big blind and your raise was about 3 times it if I recall. In any case alot of players would have folded and alot wouldn't have so it's hard to say. I personally would have folded with K5 or whatever but only because I know you as a player and would put you on something well better than K5.

you were, and he did
    Iago wrote:
    I was heads up and Cl, just, when this hand occured.

I had K8d, and was SB, blinds were 200-400, I raise to 1200, player calls

Flop is AA8, he might have an A, so I bet 1200 he flat calls,

Turn is a rag, I bet 1500, he calls,

River is a Q, I put him all-in, he calls and turns over JQo to give him AA & QQ's and leave me with fcuk all chips. No straight draw, no flush draw, nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

doh :mad:

musician wrote:
    No need for a fight. We all know Dev is the worst player. Anyway I was on aodh3's left on Monday and I have to be honest Waylander he was on big blind and your raise was about 3 times it if I recall. In any case alot of players would have folded and alot wouldn't have so it's hard to say. I personally would have folded with K5 or whatever but only because I know you as a player and would put you on something well better than K5.

Cheers Muso, big blind was 100 and I raised to 600 all in, so I thought it was big enough to force out any limpers, maybe I was unjustified in feeling so hard done by though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

DeVore wrote:
    And here I was, thinking I was the worst player ever. Or so I've been told :)

DeV.

At this stage do you really need to be told!?!

;)

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Here, hang on a second, Waylander... In the BSOP final a while ago... didnt you call my pre flop raise with K7 and then my 800 chips raise when you hit your king but I bet big? I had AA... took ages to think about it and put down AA to your all in when the board paired.

Was about 4 months ago (the only final I've been in!)... If I'm correct and that was you, I'm going to slap you on behalf of Aodh3 next time I see you ! :p

DeV.

Hyzepher wrote:
    At this stage do you really need to be told!?!

;)

Hyzepher
    I got one word for you biatch....

*KINGS*

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Here, hang on a second, Waylander... In the BSOP final a while ago... didnt you call my pre flop raise with K7 and then my 800 chips raise when you hit your king but I bet big?
    DeV.

Nothing wrong with K7. Streets ahead of K5. :)

Incidentally was playing an online stt and hit K7 twice.. Dropped like hot snots..
    Nothing like experience to improve your play.. :D

(I also hit pocket Aces twice, pocket Kings twice and couldn't help but win!)

Hey lads just to let you know im not some hot chick thats worth fighting over nor am I a girl who will have a threesome for €100 ( I saw the dinner party last night as well the blonde was hot). Im just a fella that took issue with my bell-ended-ness

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    I got one word for you biatch....

*KINGS*

DeV.
    Ahhh KK the new 23os. Twice in the same night - a disaster.

Hyzepher

are you kidding?! we'll fight over much less then that! :):)

hey, welcome to Boards and at least now you have broken your cherry posting!

DeV.

Conveniently enough Dev I do not remember that hand, it was after all four months ago. But I did not call an all in bet, if I know you I called a 3*BB bet, probably after I had already put the blinds in. Also, I forced you out of that hand, it was not an option for Aodh, as I had already gone all in. Besides like Hyzepher said, I knew I was up against the worst player in the world for that hand :) Finally I cant remember what my stack was like. If Aodh had been big stack I would not have been too upset by the call he made, but he risked half his stack on K5 was what p'd me off. Still, after insulting him for all to see here, I think he would rather slap me himself rather then have you do it for him.

It might have been Whiteshadow. If so my apologies! :)

Aodh3 said I could slap you all I liked though. He did. Honest!!

DeV.

It was whiteshadow, I was sitting to his left for that final. If I remember correctly you were a little upset with that hand.

In fact whiteshadow went all-in with K7, K6, and K5 that night and came out of them all unscathed..didn't help him heads up when I flat called his BB and he went all-in only for me to turn over AA :D

Thanks for the welcome although i do wish i hadnt lost my cherry in such a public manner. But it does make my heart glow that im no longer a nameless faceless member of the crowd. Like someguy said "being infamous is better than being famous because your in" Is there anywhere you can pick up a worst poker player in the world t-shirt. I think i might start branding my game like the pros.

But imagine calling an all-in for half your stack with ah3h! Some people are just crap at poker - I tell ya crap. They couldn't even learn how to play if you gave them free lessons with Doyle Brunson & Daniel Negreanu and a 3m stack of $100 chips. It's players like this that go out first in the business league - going all-in with a straight with a paired board and a flush showing.

;)

Hyzepher

Hyzepher wrote:
    But imagine calling an all-in for half your stack with ah3h! Some people are just crap at poker - I tell ya crap. They couldn't even learn how to play if you gave them free lessons with Doyle Brunson & Daniel Negreanu and a 3m stack of $100 chips. It's players like this that go out first in the business league - going all-in with a straight with a paired board and a flush showing.

;)

Hyzepher
    4. And counting.

DeV.

ps: A3 vs K5... which would you rather :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Hello all.

Was out sick yesterday, so just got the results today. Team ES had a really sh1te week (all knocked out around 2nd-6th) except one guy won his table. So we're in second place apparently, and there's only 1 point in it (we're on 201, Upak are on 202, Techskills on 196). So the pressure is on for the last 2 weeks.

smell ye on monday fellers.

• Advertisement

And that effects us how ;)

Hyzepher

Advertisement