Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Play nice Hyzepher! Anyway, it'd be rude to win it twice in a row. :)

Two more weeks?

I think we are on on 163-165 ish by my calcs so we really have to win a lot of tables to get into the money even :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Whats the story with the prize fund anyway? I thought it was winner takes all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Think last year we got €1000 for 1st, 2nd place team split €250 or something. No other prizes.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

last year the winners took 1000, the runners up took 500 afaik. There were 15 teams at 100 each and the club doesnt take anything (afaik).

Thinking of that, its kinda nice of them to run the league as they have to have what, 11-12 dealers who all have to be paid for a few hours work each week. I know its a marketing tool for getting people into poker and into the club but many clubs would charge a reg to cover costs. costs must run to 3-400 a week for the league!

Counting your winnings already EB? :p

DeV.

Far from counting my winnings - I've already spent em!

Nah - only messing. I've just heard alot of mixed versions of what the prize is. I've heard its 2000 (winning team takes all) and I've heard the prize money (all the 20 euros paid at the start) are split between the top 2 teams (75% - 25%).

It is real sound of the fitz to put on a league like that with no charge. I know its a marketing tool or whatever, but its a bloody good one - it'll keep me coming back for more when the league is over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

AFAIK there are3 prizes - 1000, 500, 250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

whats the line-up for this week captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'm available for selection

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Well once again I can't make it - stupid college & stupid work!
    So tonights line-up will be:

Karlh
    Waylander
    Iago
    Krusty_Clown
    Davey Devil
    Dirkey_Wynne

Wait a minute thats six people - sh*t i can't decide who gets benched this week. Anyone care to volunteer for the chop?

Remember even if we're not playin to win anymore we still get 20 per man if we beat those Suited Aces n00bs!!!

I assume too that some form of piss-up in order for next Monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

of course we're still playing to win. There's only 33 points between ourselves and 1st place. Good results this week and next and we'll be there or thereabouts..

enough of this negativity!!

• Advertisement

Iago wrote:
    of course we're still playing to win. There's only 33 points between ourselves and 1st place. Good results this week and next and we'll be there or thereabouts..

enough of this negativity!!

yeah we're still definitely in the running. we ALL need to finish in the decent points this evening though to have a chance. you can count on 1st place team getting at least 1 win under their belts so we need to have all of us making top 3 finishes.

as for sitting out, lets wait to confirm that all 6 are available. I'll volunteer to miss this week but would rather play if possible.

Karl you are shooting for the individual prize so you play. If all others want to play, I can take the night off. I do not mind one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I could do with working late this evening, so unless anybody cannot make it, I volunteer my services as the chopp'ee..

cool, Krusty i'll play, you take the evening off.

Give me a shout if anyone doesn't turn up, and I'll spin over..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

When does the next one start...?I may try and muster up 5 from my job and enter a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I also don't mind volunteering for the chop. We need our best men out and I haven't been producing. If you want to miss it Krusty I'm happy to play, but up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Sorry lads but I can't make it tonight, I've only missed one so far so i think I'm due for the chop anyway. Is that ok with everyone?

np, Krusty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Does anyone have Krusty's number to let him know, Ken?

• Advertisement

Text Sent

Yeah, I'll jump once more into the breach.. :rolleyes:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

i'm going to try and get in but I'm afraid I can't promise anything. Is there any way we can get someone to sub??

I know it's late notice but I'm not sure if I'll be awake and up for it

Right I'll go in - but I absolutely have to be gone by 8pm. Bah what am I saying i'll probably be gone before 7pm :)

well team boards got a first, 2 seconds, a last and i think a third. good week overall, should get us back into the race. anything is possible next week once the 1st team didnt get a rake of places.

nice one lads.

Jeez, sorry for letting the side down lads. Went out on KKKAJ to KKKAQ. Was short stacked and had to go all in with treb K.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Waylander wrote:
    Jeez, sorry for letting the side down lads. Went out on KKKAJ to KKKAQ. Was short stacked and had to go all in with treb K.
    Yeah, saw that hand, was really unlucky! No way you could get away from it.

Team ES got on alright - 3 fourth places (7 points) and 2 five pointers I think. Its still very close at the top I'd say...

Any news on the positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

not sure what the current standings are , we were in third place (techskills) on 196 then ES on 200 i think and UPAK on 202,
    i think upak did ok but not brill, we got two 1st, one 2nd, one third and ummm a last :(

i dont know if there will be much change in the positions

can anyone clarify exactly the pay out places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

iirc, the last team boards won it outright for €1k between us. 2nd got 500, and I think 3rd got 250. That was all that was paid out, but not 100% sure of that

Advertisement