Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

Latest

Techskills 234
    Upak 230
    Eagle Star 230

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

any idea where boards are? do we have a hope on monday even with 5 wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

karlh wrote:
    any idea where boards are? do we have a hope on monday even with 5 wins?

I think Boards.ie are on 204 so 5 wins would still mean one hell of a collapse from the top 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Boards are on 204 with Suited Aces on 191...miracles are required!

bugger.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The race is still on between Boards and Suitedaces and remember we are missing one players score from one week so its close enough to neck and neck!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

DeVore wrote:
    The race is still on between Boards and Suitedaces and remember we are missing one players score from one week so its close enough to neck and neck!

DeV.
    What you mean missing a players score? Was it not recorded? Surely that's your own team members fault, for not signing? Hence no points!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

And apparently DeV is paying each of the Boards member €20 if they finish ahead of Suited Aces at the end of the League.

Which is awfully nice of him....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Dev is totally sound.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bite Me. No, not the player.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Dirkey, one of our players scores has gone walk about for one week, I am going to talk to Dave Hickson about it today sometime. It may well be one point or it may be 10, I dont know but I know we've had 5 players each week...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Dirkey, one of our players scores has gone walk about for one week, I am going to talk to Dave Hickson about it today sometime. It may well be one point or it may be 10, I dont know but I know we've had 5 players each week...

DeV.
    Conspiracy! Conspiracy!! DeV is on first name terms with the points totaller. Conspiracy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Is that an official title? "points totaller" :D

Yes, its Dirkey-Speak for "accountant". :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Yes, its Dirkey-Speak for "accountant". :)

DeV.
    Me English speak good.

whats the team for this evening captain? are we even in contention for 3rd if we get 5 wins?

is the 20 a man bet still going ahead between boards and SA?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Well guys tonights team is:

Karlh
    Waylander
    Krusty_Clown
    Iago
    Dirkey_Wynne

I think 5 wins would put us in 3rd alright but it really depends on how the other teams go.

Yup definitely a 20 a man wager between us and SA - apparantly Dev is their gurantor so go to him tonight for payment :)

Looking forward to it. Will be there.

Will be there too. Ken do I owe you a few quid for this?

Ummm yeah think it was 14 a man. Don't worry about it though - i'll get it off ya another time.

• Advertisement

If you are not around tonight, Ill settle with you at the BSOP on Sunday. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry guys, miserable performance tonight.. Went out fifth. Didn't get any decent cards for the entire duration of the game (best cards I could manage were 10J suited (once))..

Managed to steal the blinds once. Other than that had 83o type hands for the entire hour. Very frustrating.. Suppose I should have tried to steal a bit more, but what can you do with 83o?

Gonna play online now, 'cos I should be due a rake of good hands by the law of averages..

Hope you faired better than I did.. How did it go?

Well I came in in third in my table, Karlh came 5th. Don't think Dirkey or Iago had great nights, but not sure.

well, we officially beat SA :), but yeah a ****e night overall :(

I came about 5th. Was chip leader and was absolutely crippled by 2nd stack when I flopped a flush and he turned a higher flush! Them's the breaks though eh?! No complaints. Did SA pay up??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I finished 5th, although considering I was down to 180 chips* after two hands I think I did reasonably well!!!

How did everyone get on in the €100 game? Any winners?

*[size=-12] Hit a straight and walked into Quad 5's![/size]

I was like you Iago - down low early on after some nice hands got busted, down to 350, but battled away, up and down till finally getting a chip lead.

Ah well, at least we beat Suited Aces lads, although so did most of the other teams, so not really sure how much of an achievement that was :)

*lol* So what were the final placings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ohhh - we so have to have a Suited Aces Vs Boards.ie tournie. Just to settle this once and for all.

Or are ye chicken?

Hyzepher

Advertisement