Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Trampas wrote:
    So how about next Monday night??

Around 9.00
    Past my bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sorry, I have come into this a bit late. Is there going to be a fight? I haven’t had one in ages. Is this for real or just joking? I always find it hard to tell on these new fangled message boards.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Pistols at dawn I think..fastest draw wins

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I wager 10 quatloos on the newcomer!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If we are going to have a bargie then we'll have to send in the heavies....
    Pudding, Hyzepher and maybe Muso... Ger and I are too wimpy to compete in their league though Dapper is giving it the old college try.... :)

I'm sooo dead

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm a passive player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

DapperGent wrote:
    Past my bedtime.

So sad to hear that.

End of the day ES are on top :D

It makes you SICK that.

All the talk of walking it you got a good shock.

The look on all your faces was like :eek:

We still wont give you cheap insurance even if you begged

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Trampas wrote:
    So sad to hear that.

You wouldn’t know cheap insurance if it walked up to you and kicked you in the cock. Thieving insurance company bastards. Why don’t you all wear hoods to the next heat so we know who you are?

Anyway. At the end of the day it just one night down. It a game of, er, 8 8ths. Still a bit to go. Hopefully it will be close the whole way to the end. Personally I’m already looking forward to the pissup after it’s over.

MrP

Trampas wrote:
    I'm actually in the market for some contents insurance. I might have bestowed my favour upon you but now you've hurt my feelings.

Don't come crying to me when you miss your quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

So we can be like Dick Turpin as he robbed people wearing a hood :D

The piss up should be good.

Then play cards when drunk. Really fun then

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

heheh <dropping out of banter mode>
    "All the talk of walking it you got a good shock." To be fair I was the only one that mentioned it and I was clear that I was referring to last business league, which we comfortably strolled (and more to our shock then anyone elses, believe me!!)
    Also the team that won last time is not playing as Boards.ie... they are playing as Suited Aces. The team that IS playing as Boards.ie is a new team. Confused yet?
    So the original champs are but a point behind you and biting at your heels. Sleep well.

Either way, we have a game afoot!! Lets see if ES are just one-shot-wonders or have the staying power to keep going...

Bring it on!!

DeV.

ps: Trampas, I play in the Fitz a good bit, are any of your players regulars I'd recognise?

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Also the team that won last time is not playing as Boards.ie... they are playing as Suited Aces. The team that IS playing as Boards.ie is a new team.
    DeV.
    Glad you clarified that DeV, once the new and improved Boards team takes the trophy home this year I don't want there to be any confusion :D

incidentally I noticed you were helping Luke with the seating arrangements on Monday, obviously trying to ensure that you weren't on the same table as me. Wise move and nothing to be ashamed of ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Gwan Trampas and go team ES!

We'll show these uniformed punkolas how to play some cards!

Really looking forward to next monday now.

I'm offering cheap rates for any of you suited aces or boards guys who want to take out insurance against a serious ass-whoopin. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    I'm offering cheap rates for any of you suited aces or boards guys who want to take out insurance against a serious ass-whoopin. :p

This joke doent make any sense because it implies that you believe that they are unlikely to suffer an ass whoopin, or you dont really understand how insurance works; which seems unlikely.

Hector stop being rude to the insurance men. That's completely unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Ah - go back to sleep you. Offering them really dear rates just dosent sound as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

All this flirting between two supposed rival teams is making me sick...

Iago wrote:
    Glad you clarified that DeV, once the new and improved Boards team takes the trophy home this year I don't want there to be any confusion :D
    5th < 2nd

incidentally I noticed you were helping Luke with the seating arrangements on Monday, obviously trying to ensure that you weren't on the same table as me. Wise move and nothing to be ashamed of ;)

I was his random number generator!
    I would have given anything to have been on your table when you were knocked out by 22.

Its better then AK remember!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Nice to see people getting all worked up about the business league. I was sitting to Kenclearys left and neither of us had a clue what the table was up to.
    Evil_Bilbo got a big stack early and bullied the table by betting every single time.
    One particular hand, E_B called in early position, mid position player raised to about 2.5xBB I called with AQ clubs, E_B called. Flop comes KQ10 all hearts...
    E_B bets it, makes the mid position player fold AA!! I have to fold my AQ of blackness... The AA guy shows what he folded and E_B shows J10o (both black!)
    As they say its all about position...

• Advertisement

Its about position and ALSO having opponents who spot things like "oooh theres a flush on the board". My table would have still been stroking their Aces cooing "pretty pretty thing".

Oh and they'd have limped with them and let 7 people see the flop too. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    Its about position and ALSO having opponents who spot things like "oooh theres a flush on the board". My table would have still been stroking their Aces cooing "pretty pretty thing".
    DeV.
    Don't know if Evil_Bilbo even spotted the KQ10 of hearts boardd as being especially scary. Betting out with bottom pair and an open ender ahead of a preflop raiser and caller on that board takes some cojones.
    E_Bilbo *did* look very very surprised when the AA guy turned over his Bullets and said "I couldn't call your bet with that board, not even with bullets..."

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Ok with Waylander still off on his cruise and dirkey_wynne taking a break to think about what he did :), tonights team is:

Me
    Davey Devil
    Iago
    Karlh
    Krusty_clown

Is everyone available yeah? If so I suggest meeting again at the Henry Gratten/Larry Murphys at 5.30pm.

perfect, see you then Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Good luck tonight guys! My confidence is back up following some profit made in the 20-in last Wednesday, so I'll be available for selection again when it's next on. I'm presuming there's a break next Monday, it being a bank hol? Anyway, best of luck.

This is going to be an interesting week. Time to see whats what. (I'll be subbing this week too as it happens). Hope its SA and Boards, 1 and 2. (Down with Eagle Star! :p )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I couldn't be more in than Mr. I.N. In, head of the In department, at In & In All in factory.

see ya'll at the pub, think I need sleep.

I question the sexual preference of all my opponents. Those who are straight are now gay. Those who are gay are now straight. All bi-sexuals now favour celibacy.

I shall crush you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'll be there..

and I'm straight.. No, wait, I'm gay.. No hang-on, I'm celibate, No, bi-sexual...
    Damnit.. Crushed already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Don't know about anyone else but I for 1 am getting sick of these slick shower known as Suited Aces......

I'm thinking it's time the Boards.ie Business League Team got us some pimpin' threads. Dev had a design for business league shirts last year if I remember correctly. Would the team be interested in chipping in if we get a design sorted? might be funny.......

We could always make boards.ie bracelets instead.....wait, this poker thing is getting really gay.....

Advertisement