Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Line-up for tomorrow is:

Karlh
    Krusty-Clown
    Davey Devil
    Waylander
    Dirkey-Wynne

I assume that everybody above is available. If not i'll be around town and deputise if needed. Also can everyone on the team who hasn't already mail me their mobile number. Once I have all the mobile numbers I'll then circulate to everybody so we'll all have each others numbers in case of emergencies or mix-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

karlh wrote:
    so whats the boards line-up for tomorrow fellas?
    Of a poor standard generally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

even without my stunning presence I reckon we'll walk all over the suited aces guys...again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Right so lads, I am now ready for my debut in this event. What time do we need to be at the Fitz for? Ken I pm'd you mobile and work email details.

6pm in the Fitz. I now have everyone's number but Davey Devils - If you could send it me Davey i'll send out a mail to everyone with all the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

see you all at 6 lads. do we have any idea of the standings yet?

anyone playing the 100 game afterwards? thinkin of finally giving it a shot......

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Fitz at 6 it is...unless anyone is having a pre poker pint? I'm hoping to improve on my dismal first showing...aiming for 9th at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I don't have a mobile, but I'll be there today. I can give you my house number if you want.

You're livin in the past man - quit livin in the past!

Jeez with all those poker winnings you think you'd splash out on one :)

There's no point in gettin your house number in the time it would take you to get into the Fitz the stack would probably be gone. Just remember to check boards on a Sunday/Monday :)

Seriously though good luck tonight guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Mobiles do my nut, all the blipping and the constant inturptions to conversations. You'll never see The Devil with a mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Weirdo.

Right so team boards, I won my table and Krusty came 4th in his. How did the rest of you get on?

w00t!!!! Well Done lads. We've won a table each week so far - thats an excellent start. Were the results from two weeks ago posted up this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

eh, I went out 9th (with 9 on my table), Dirkey the same I think and Davey not too much longer........I think the 1st 3 out of the tournie were from our team!!!

it smelled of a conspiracy........

:o I was 10 from 10. With lafortezza to my left. I played AQs extremely badly. Then went to the Merrion 50, played AQs extremely badly once again. In fact, as Muso who was dealing will probably testify I believe it was the worst hand I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Congrats Waylander.. I had a feeling you might win, with that mighty stack you had in front of you..

I was motoring nicely, stealing some binds here and there, until finally, I was in the BB with 9Js and about 2.8K chips. One somewhat relucant (I thought) caller.. Flop comes 9xx. All-in for a quick finish.. Other player reveals pocket queens, which hold-up. I have got to learn to stop risking my entire stack on hands like top-pair when heads-up...

There are very, very few pre-flop raises in the business league, even with pocket Aces, Kings, Queens and Jacks..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There are very, very few pre-flop raises in the business league, even with pocket Aces, Kings, Queens and Jacks..

Any reason for this.....?its a bit strange.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Yeah - most haven't a clue what they are doing

Hyzepher

Even in the FreeRoll I was playing on Saturday after about 20 min it got very expensive to see ANY flop.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

First hand in last night. Guy gets AA. Limps in and lets 6 others see a flop that comes down 44x and THEN starts betting. Bets his whole stack in 3 chunks (despite the board showing a flush possibility) and walks. :eek:

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    First hand in last night. Guy gets AA. Limps in and lets 6 others see a flop that comes down 44x and THEN starts betting. Bets his whole stack in 3 chunks (despite the board showing a flush possibility) and walks. :eek:

DeV.

Even me being a novice would not do this, as I said in my other post (my first trip to the Fitz) on my second ever hand I found myself looking at AA....nothing on the flop but I rasied big as I had a fair idea I had the best hand at that point and did not want any more cards on the board.

karlh wrote:
    eh, I went out 9th (with 9 on my table), Dirkey the same I think and Davey not too much longer........I think the 1st 3 out of the tournie were from our team!!!

it smelled of a conspiracy........
    I was 10 from 10. With lafortezza to my left. I played AQs extremely badly. Then went to the Merrion 50, played AQs extremely badly once again. In fact, as Muso who was dealing will probably testify I believe it was the worst hand I've ever played.

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

So not a great night then, not to worry I'm sure we'll make it up next week anyway, just giving the others a false sense of security is all :D

Played Waylander and Krusty

I heard a theory from Muso the only way to play big hands at that is to just limp and hope you hit! It's certainly an interesting thought...

Iago wrote:
    hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

So not a great night then, not to worry I'm sure we'll make it up next week anyway, just giving the others a false sense of security is all :D

Played Waylander and Krusty
    Not a great tournie thus far for me. In fact a shameful one. Lol. I was saying it to a few yesterday, I feel more nervous playing the business league! In a normal tournie when you get up and walk you are just pissed off for yourself. However, in the BL when you get up for the shameful walk, and see 4 heads look up at you with disappointment, a tut, and in my case a collectively mouthed "Again??" it's a killer. Letting the team down sux...

I wouldn't say you've let the team down mate, don't worry about it. That's the beauty and the nightmare that is Poker, you win some you lose some.

Put it out of your head and get on with it, for me I know I've just been very lucky so far, otherwise I could easily have gone out first on both nights.

It'll all come good in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Another great performance from team Eagle Star last night. One guy came about 5th on his table. All remaining 4 of us came 2nd.

I made a comeback worthy of lazarus, and went from least-chips at the table (for about an hour) to chip leader in about 4 hands. Had A2 at one stage and flopped a house (A22). Chip leader kept betting into me (she had AK) much to my delight - took her to the cleaners.

Alot of wierd play alright - I was at that table where the guy got AA in the first hand and got ousted by trip 4s.

Please tell me the scores from this week (well, total scores so far) will be posted soon.

See ye all next week.

*lol* Don't worry about it Dirkey we all have our off days and there's lots more games to play yet.

Hmmmm it seems like this Eagle Star crowd are our main rivals rather than Suited Aces :)

Yeah Dirkey I would not worry too much about it. Those tables are all a bit of a lottery. There was one hand last night that I got AKs, raised in middle position pre flop, got one caller. Flop came down and I had a flush draw, and put the other player on nothing, as no high cards on the flop, and I did not think he had a pocket pair. Post flop I place a sizeable bet, other player calls, I was a little concerned that he called but I still think I am ahead with no pair. This guy had called an all in earlier with K6 and no draws (I think, I was not paying full attention to that hand, Dapper may correct me here) so it would not have been that ridiculous to put him on nothing, he had been playing that kind of hands. Did not hit the spade I was looking for on the turn, I checked, he bet 500 into me, I raised him to 1200, he called again. River came, rags again, I did not hit but only had 300 left in chips so I threw
    them in, he called and showed J Q o. He did not even have a draw. He built my stack from 2300 to 4800 with nothing. I know playing ot the end and risking my stack may not have been the best strategy but I just felt he had nothing all along.

Iago wrote:
    I wouldn't say you've let the team down mate, don't worry about it. That's the beauty and the nightmare that is Poker, you win some you lose some.
    I win some?

• Advertisement

Waylander wrote:
    Yeah Dirkey I would not worry too much about it. Those tables are all a bit of a lottery. There was one hand last night that I got AKs, raised in middle position pre flop, got one caller. Flop came down and I had a flush draw, and put the other player on nothing, as no high cards on the flop, and I did not think he had a pocket pair. Post flop I place a sizeable bet, other player calls, I was a little concerned that he called but I still think I am ahead with no pair. This guy had called an all in earlier with K6 and no draws (I think, I was not paying full attention to that hand, Dapper may correct me here) so it would not have been that ridiculous to put him on nothing, he had been playing that kind of hands. Did not hit the spade I was looking for on the turn, I checked, he bet 500 into me, I raised him to 1200, he called again. River came, rags again, I did not hit but only had 300 left in chips so I threw
    them in, he called and showed J Q o. He did not even have a draw. He built my stack from 2300 to 4800 with nothing. I know playing ot the end and risking my stack may not have been the best strategy but I just felt he had nothing all along.
    Good read. The hand that I lost most of my hands on was when I had AQ - nothing hit the board, and the villain had AK - nothing for him either. Called me all the way to the river, but my bet of 200 on the river wasn't big enough of a scare, so he rightly called.

Advertisement