Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Boards.ie Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Who the feck is Golly?

p.s I'm available tomorrow incase anyone can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Oh sorry thats Iago - Golly is his Victor Chandler name.

Damnit why can't everyone be boring like me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

see you tomorrow lads, any idea of the standings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ill be there, no there is still no update from round 1 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Who the feck is Golly?

p.s I'm available tomorrow incase anyone can't make it.

Davey,

I'm available but I've a tonne of work on so if you want to play this week and I'll play next week that's fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Ok, no probs, I'll play.

So tonight I came 5th at my table, Karl and davey were looking strong when I left. Not sure about Ken and Dirkey, how did you guys fare? Don't think SA's fared all that well. Like I said to Muso earlier, I think they were just one season wonders last year, just a flash in the pan!

Waylander wrote:
    So tonight I came 5th at my table, Karl and davey were looking strong when I left. Not sure about Ken and Dirkey, how did you guys fare? Don't think SA's fared all that well. Like I said to Muso earlier, I think they were just one season wonders last year, just a flash in the pan!

Karl 1st ;)
    Dirkey 2nd
    Ken 5th (i think)
    Davey (looked like he was going to win)

Dev checked the standings and we were joint 1st with Eagle Star, not including tonight though so after a good showing we should be top! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah I expect boards to go top. I was amazed to see SA were only 6 points off the pace before tonight. It will be a bit more after tonight unfortunately but I don't think it's over yet by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wahoo! Well done lads.. Sounds like we had a great week!

Davey won his table too so we should have a decent lead by next week. Also mad props to Karl who is leading in the individual event - though there's no prize for that :)

Solid performance so, 2 firsts, a second and two fifth's. Definitely our best week since starting I'd imagine!

Brilliant, well played guys, particularily Davey I knew it was a good idea swapping weeks with you. I'm a strategic genius :D

kencleary wrote:
    Davey won his table too so we should have a decent lead by next week. Also mad props to Karl who is leading in the individual event - though there's no prize for that :)

I demand at least a crown and a concubine!!! :mad:

well done all, great week!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Hmmmm - its highly suspect the way boards are joint first with us. We've been getting 1sts and 2nds all the way through. Must get our score totals and make sure.

Anyway - ye'll be glad to know last night we also got 2 firsts (one from me), a second and 2 fifths.

Also - another thing thats also quite suspect - EVERY time there is a boards fella sitting at a table, there is ALWAYS a suited aces guy sitting beside him. This is not a coincidence as every time I have played (ie 4 times) there has been a boards and suited aces guy sitting beside each other. Did ye ask to be put together?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Christ. :rolleyes:

Grrrrr - might be wrong with the 2nd place - couldve been 3rd!! So close at the top!! Man - this is really exciting!

How many points has Karl at the top of the individual table?

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Hmmmm - its highly suspect the way boards are joint first with us. We've been getting 1sts and 2nds all the way through. Must get our score totals and make sure.

Anyway - ye'll be glad to know last night we also got 2 firsts (one from me), a second and 2 fifths.

Also - another thing thats also quite suspect - EVERY time there is a boards fella sitting at a table, there is ALWAYS a suited aces guy sitting beside him. This is not a coincidence as every time I have played (ie 4 times) there has been a boards and suited aces guy sitting beside each other. Did ye ask to be put together?
    Hey Bilbo. You're clutching at straws if you think there is some kind of fixing going on!! Though there has been a bit of a coincidence - of the three times I've played I have been sitting beside an SA player twice, and both times it was the same one! Though I have to say, there is a friendly rivalry between SA and Boards, so there is no way that there is collusion happening! Which table were you on by the way? I was on 5.

Not that I am aware of. But youare correct, both weeks I have played I have been sitting beside a Suited Aces player, as was Dirkey Wynne last night.

• Advertisement

Hmmm yeah the 3 weeks ive played ive been next to a Suited Aces guy too. Hardly a benefit though i'd much rather be beside two random strangers every week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Oh I thought everyone was aware that both Suited Aces & Boards have an agreement with the Fitz - you see we just pay our entry and they not only sit us together to help with the collusion but they also make sure that other teams have their scores miscalculated.

No real underhanded stuff going on but they have already said that we will win.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah, that was really sound of them.

Yeah I just thought it was a bit odd (obviously it would be pretty hard for any collusion at the table etc), but it just clicked with me last night when nearly every time I heard some boards guy being called out, he was followed by a suited aces guy (in that order - and there's always been 2 side by side at my table).

We'll see now does it happen again next week (perhaps the people doing the table numbers are just lazy)

Oh and before I forget - they also said that ES were shiiit

the boards team and suited aces team are beside each other on the master team sheets because we registered at the same time, as a result there is generally going to be one called out after the other because that's the order they work in...

EB I think both teams were registered at the same time, so it is probably a case of the random draw not being very random. If you look a bit closer I think you will note that the suited aces guys are always on the left! Now that is even more suspicious, them having positional advantage in nearly every table on us.

Hasn't worked though!

Thank God we have that special arrangement ;)

I've caught suited aces at other forms of collusion too. Last night after Tom was knocked out on my table he signed his name on the sheet as Tom Murphy - Boards.ie. Luckily I was knocked out straight after him so was able to counteract his cunning ploy by rubbing out Boards.ie and putting in Suited Aces beside his name. You have to watch these Suited Aces guys like Hawks though :)

• Advertisement

LOL

ive had a suited aces person to my left 3/4 weeks so far too. its just the way they are doing the draw. i dont think it is entirely random, they just go down through the teams in the same order each week and pluck out names. makes bugger all difference really.....does mean I had the pleasure of Player X on my left last night though! :)

we have been pretty consistant so far except for a poor week last week so not too surprised were top. dunno the individual standings...

Advertisement