Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Stupid Thing You Have Done.....?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

simu wrote:
    Looking straight down at the cork as I was opening a bottle of champagne. The cork flew into my face just above my eye and I literally saw stars- a few cm lower and it would have blinded me! D'oh!

ROTFL!!!!!!! now thats stupid... but i mean that in a nice way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A friend of mine one time tried to open a bottle of Champagne with his teeth.

Surely thats a Darwin in the waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm embarassed now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

hmmmmm
    drinking game to billy connly ok
    there was me steph and jon....
    1 two ltrs of vodka
    2 6 lrg bttls of blue wkd
    3 60 coolapops crushed
    4 jd
    5 bottle of white wine
    6 kiora
    7 7 up
    8 straws and egg cups
    9 then we added the absenth.....
    first take numbers 1,2 and 3 put them in a bowl and drink shots ever time u laugh at billy wen that has finished do the same wit numbr 4 but do it straight then wen that is finished mix 5,6and 7 together while 1 steph has passed out 1 me and 1 jon continue to proceed wit straws and finally wash it down wit a few shots of absenth....

i then tried to fly and climb a thorn bush........... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

1) once went to school on a holy day....couldn't understand why it was closed....

one of my classmates happened to be driving by with his mam and told me....then told everyone the next day at school....have never lived it down.

2) fell asleep on a street bench in Kings cross, Sydney after a night out... :eek: was woken up at 7am by a pro looking for that last trick....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

RuggieBear wrote:
    1) once went to school on a holy day....couldn't understand why it was closed....

one of my classmates happened to be driving by with his mam and told me....then told everyone the next day at school....have never lived it down.

2) fell asleep on a street bench in Kings cross, Sydney after a night out... :eek: was woken up at 7am by a pro looking for that last trick....

mwahaha... and the question remains.... did ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

I stayed in a stupid stupid job for 7 years when I should have got out after 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't think I've ever done anything stupid, though I am extremely intelligent, maybe that explains it, it is amusing to hear about all the stupid things you guys did though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

had ocassoin in jervis street where i left my leather jacket behind me in the changing rooms of debenhams, went down to tesco and only copped my loss of jacket when i went for my wallet to pay, had car keys in ajcket also so got freaked on a major scale, am a loose nerve at best of time ( suffer from both claustrobhobia and agrophobia - wonderful combinatoin!!!), went up to where my car was parked and it wasnt there (dragged three security gents with me). ended up spending guts of two hours wit security and found out i had put my jacket back on an hanger in debenhams, personally placed it back on a rack, had been tried on by a customer who handed my keys back to the cust serv desk and wandered off with my jacket, security have face shots but said, 'happens frequently', but at least i got to drive away with a shadow of a gram of dignity,

E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

banquo wrote:
    ... once while cycling through Raheny i got distracted by a sexy blonde on the other side of the road.. smashed head-first into a really big rock... very embarassing..

Hey I did that!
    Well, I cycled into a parked car while I was looking at a stunning girl.
    She helped me up too but I wasn't the best 1st impression I've ever made.

Also, got a cab into town which cost about 8 pounds. Handed the taxi driver what I thought was a tenner and said keep the change.
    When I got out I realised it was a twenty.
    Fcuker didn't question it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

ooh! ooh! i have another one!!

a few months ago my brother [13] had ordered in some jacket in arnotts and my mum [age undisclosed] gave me a e50 note and sent me into town to get it. got to the bustop and realised that id lost it the 50.

went home, explained what happened, got another e50 note and... did exactly the same thing again. so, without even taking a bus i'd already experienced a 100 euro net loss through the whole fiasco.

/me throws fist in air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eoin_f wrote:
    went up to where my car was parked and it wasnt there
    Was or wasn't there?

and another!

you know how the clocks go 'back' and 'forth' every so often? well the last time they went an hour 'forward', and dad and i [in our infinite wisdom] put ours an hour forward by mistake, meaning that we were -always and withuot variation- exactly not one but two hours early for everything that week....i was outside my school at 7am the next morning banging down the door.... eventually my mam copped it... bless 'er...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Got petrol one day and bought a scratch card. Was scratching it on the way back to the car. Got in car and realised it wasn't my car. Not even the same colour! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

I left my son aged 2 unattended near a bucket of paint today for 5 mins only,

he painted my television...completely

was it his most stupid moment or mine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Banquo, you're an absolute comic genius. I think I liked the one about losing the money going towards the busstop the best, although it obviously wasn't very good for you :p
    Keep em coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

meh, at looking at banquos multi-posting of stupidy I shall declare another great moment in my life.

So walking outta roches stores(at the Blanch centre, when they used ta sell food) towards the fountain to sit and eat. My mates had got there first, as they had, obviously, paid first.

So im walking with a wedge roll in my left hand, and a bottle of water in my right. Now bear with me here, as i've NO idea why i tried this.
    I tried to throw my bottle of water, into the opposite of my elbow(ie,biit of arms, bend ur arm now, see the L ? well in there..). The idea was i'd somehow catch it in there, then i'd flick it out with a quick straightening of the arm and catch it again. Ahem, again, NO idea why i was doing this.

So i throw the bottle, it bounces of my arm and just before it hits the ground, genius here decides to kick it. so i belt it, a proper smack(didnt even consider consequences) and the bottle hurtles a few inches off the floor and smacks into the side of the fountain, making a MASSIVE noise, to the bewilderment of my mates and others at fountain, and these 2 hot girls on the escalator going up(others lookin too, but these were hot) just looked and laughed at me. I casually waved, picked up my dented bottle and ate my roll. But god i felt dumb inside... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

samo wrote:
    I left my son aged 2 unattended near a bucket of paint today for 5 mins only,

he painted my television...completely

was it his most stupid moment or mine?
    this guy i know told a story like that at the weekend but he was the kid and he was 6 and painted his dads car and the other car in the garden white and i just thought i'd put that in there

stupid things wit kids left my daughter attened wit a 17 yr old in my room while i had a shower daughter was3 and she covered herself and my room and the sitter in my make up still trying to get red lipstick off bed spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

When I was a young lad (5 or 6) I have a vivid memory of being in a museum or summat similar with the crumblies. I got lost and frightened, spying a woman with a similar get up to my ma, I was utterly relieved, I proceded to run and jump up at her, screaming at her "why did you leave me" over and over again, it was only after a minute or so that thru my tears I realised it wasn't my mam at all. - I ran away crying.

*sniff*sniff*

once when i was about 11 we were on the train to wexford, and i got seated beside a very attractive 15/16 yo. was nervous was so chewing on my pen the whole time... anyway we were havin a great time i was making her laugh etc but then i went to the toilet and looked in the mirror to discorver that the pen had leaked and stained my teeth, gums, lips and pretty much the whole lower half of my face a nice scrub-resistant deep blue, and would remain so t=foru hte forthcoming week...

/me thrusts fist in air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

When I was a young lad (5 or 6) I have a vivid memory of being in a museum or summat similar with the crumblies. I got lost and frightened, spying a woman with a similar get up to my ma, I was utterly relieved, I proceded to run and jump up at her, screaming at her "why did you leave me" over and over again, it was only after a minute or so that thru my tears I realised it wasn't my mam at all. - I ran away crying.

*sniff*sniff*

kinda same thing happened me, was 4 or five,
    in roches or something wandering around after me mammy,
    there was a couple of other people around and i wasnt really paying attention.
    she hadnt said anything for a while and then this voice oges "hello there?" i look up and its not mammy!
    aaaagh, run run run run run.....

more recently and definatly the most stupid thing i've ever done.
    first of all i've severely bad eyesight, second of all i had injured my knee during hurling training the previous thursday.
    went up to oxegen for the wkend.
    fat journey to dublin from castlebar + brutal queues for campsite + hunger + tiredness = not a happy camper at all, at all.

got to campsite eventually, pitched tent opened can of Dutch Mould drank plenty.

couple of hours later was really tired and went to bed down for the night.
    Took out my daily disposable lenses outside the tent and threw them away.

went in to tent and was trying to find the torch but the girlfriend had moved it.
    went to find my glasses. not there.
    went to find my lenses. not there.
    i could have killed someone thought that someone robbed my stuff.
    after being extremely mad for an hour i decided that my case was fell out in the car and fell asleep.

woke up in the morning still mad.
    made the trek all the way out to the carpark with my bad knee.
    (when you cant see all the bumps in the ground its a bastard)

reached the car, searched the car. nearly flipped the car. no glasses case.

rang one of the lads that i live with.
    told him the story and asked him to go into my room and look.

Mate: "yah they're here on your locker."
    Me: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

i started thinking about how to get home, hadnt a notion of staying.
    made the journey back into the campsite, and heres the weirdest thing.
    when i told the rest of the group, a friend of mine, his sister had a pair of glasses with her.

i put them on and they suited my eyesite perfectly.

then a beam of light broke through the clouds and god smiled down on me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm bloody awful for the 'smile and nod' thing - you know, when you haven't really heard what the person's said but you don't hugely care anyway so you just say something like "yeah yeah, [short agreeable laugh][smile][nod]". It's dropped me in it a few times.

The worst was in school. I was about 16, on the school's debating team. We were in the Concern debates or something - some debate that would require you being at school at around 7pm to host a debate. The oppostion team had arrived in, we'd had our debate, we'd won, I was busy being well impressed with myself. I'd wandered off to find my reward, (digestive biscuit and cup of orange squash no doubt) when one of my teachers sent me off to find the opposition's debate coach and show him where the refreshments are.

So off I head, find him in the main communal area in the school, beckon him to come with me, and I'm walking slightly ahead of him in the corridor, focussed on getting back to my orange squash. It goes like this:

Him: "Well done this evening, well won."

Me: "yeah yeah, [short agreeable laugh][smile][nod]"

Him: "Our girls will be really disappointed"

Me: "yeah yeah, [short agreeable laugh][smile][nod]" <thinking "I can't be arsed to be sensitive, I'm preoccupied, why was I the one who had to fetch this fool">

Him: "Yeah they've been working really hard, blah blah blah blah"

Him: "...blah blah blah."

Him: "No, no I'm serious, she did."

Me: [hasty mental backtrack over conversation...]

This debate coach had just explained to me that his team was off form because their team captain had caught meningitis in the previous week and died.

[cringe]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Discovered boards.ie

Done no work since

narommy wrote:
    Discovered boards.ie

Done no work since

right on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When I was in college, part of the accounting course was TAS books. In fact 25% of the final mark was TAS (a computer based accounting programme, kinda like SAGE i think).

It was grand, a guy could dodge it all year, as long as you had it all finished by a certain date. Basically all or nada on April 15th!! For once, I knew I was good value, as I had actually got all the work done.

Of course most of the more less lazy people in the class had a back up or 2, but as always my opinion was "meh, I'll be grand".

Anyways, i arrive into final module (late), with my work disk. As my surname is Allen, I was first to have to show off my years work. I sat at the work station all a fluster, turned on the PC, opened programme, only to find that ALL my work had dissapeared.

The tutor siad 'fine, use your back up'.

' I dont f*cking well have one, do I'.

"Well, unfortunatly I am going to have to mark you on whatever work you have just presented, and unfortunatley, that is zero. I am very sorry, but you knew you had to back up your work".

After a massive temper tantrum, i came resigned to losing 25% of my years work. It was ok, Id do ok to pass the year anyway, I was good at accounting.

I looked down at the disk drive.

To my relief/embarrassment/everyone elses howls of laughter - I hadn't pushed my disk into the drive all the way :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

So you didn't get the mark after all ?

I remember a time when I was in senior infants,I had to got to the bathroom so off I waddled,take into account that the school was a mixed school.So there I was in cubical with my trousers down to my ankles right in the middle of taking a sh!te when my teacher calls me,so with that I 'finished' up and left the cubical and i'm confronted with my teacher and I'd say about four girls laughing their asses of and leaving me standing there with a huge p!ss mark clearly visible on my trousers :o .

After that I've never gone to the toilet in school ever since :).

Hmmmm after reading that I'd say it was a very embarassing moment not a stupid moment.....ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Where do I begin...

You must remember I was a bit mad in my younger days....

Putting a handheld hoover in a sink of water - it blew up...
    Putting a ginormous ballon in a sink of water and bursting it...
    Putting knives and forks in a microwave whilst stoned to watch the spectacular lightning...
    Burning toast intentionally to see how long it would take to fill the kitchen with smoke....
    Almost kiiling myself on a moped in crete because I floored the throttle taking off on a main road...
    Playing darts on my landing and throwing a dart threw a brand new glass lampshade...
    Jumping off the back of a bike the day before my confirmaiton thinking that if ran fast whilst jumping off I wouldnt kill myself - it didnt work...
    Playing war games with bangers as a kid and getting one stuck in my shoe, after I lit it...
    Drinking like a fish when i was 18 to impress a girl, resulting in me puking everywhere on a bus on the way to a nightclub....

The list goes on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

For all those posters seemingly intent on proving their capacity for chronic stupidity, the word 'most' means that you should really pick the worst example and post it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

oh shutup imrp0v. its all for laughs. Its funny stuff coming out here. Some peoples stories suddenly remind you of something you did, not similar but something. Your man keyser made me laugh with a few of his stories there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I remember when i was in ibiza, me and a couple of mates got some mopeds and decided to drive around the island. After nearly killing ourseves taking off, like Keyzer, i wrenched down the accelerator - first time ever on a motor bike/moped - and roared across the street and nearly crashed into the window of the shop that rented us the bikes! All i remember there is the guy standing in the window with a look of horror on his face :D

Anyway, made it to San Antonio, found a nice place to park outside a restaurant. The only thing is we had to wheel the mopeds up over a curb, so genius here grabs the bike by the handle bars, forgetting the engine is still on. Of course, the bloody bike takes off with me running along behind it and demolished the sign that the restaurant had put up with menus and things on. Quickly recovered the bike and drove off as fast as possible with waiters screaming in the background!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

merc wrote:
    Hmmm well I just spent from 14:00 till about 20 mins ago trying to burn some files onto a cd and DL’d nero and a few other burning tools.. still had no joy so I spent a fair while investigating why it wouldnt work.

Turns out my sparkling new workies pc does not actually have a CD burner… just a CD drive…

Goe me!

gah!

Ah, expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

When I was small I had this great idea to flick an un blownup balloon at my sister. So I had the balloon all strecthed ready for my triumphant victory when it snapped back and hit me in the eye. End result: not being able to see properly for 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

*sniff*sniff*
    that has to be one of the cutest things i've read so far aww

narommy wrote:
    Discovered boards.ie

Done no work since

OMG snap!!!!

One of the MOST stupidist things i did was when i was about 4-5,
    ok it being ireland and all it was raining so me and my mate's were playing in my mate's house, so dinner time comes i have to go so i go out side and because i didn't want to get the rain in my eyes i put my arm over my eyes and ran. straight into a pillar needed to get 3 stiches on my forehead aww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ok this was really fun but in retrospect a bit stupid. There was this trolly in the outdoor basketball courts in our school so my friend and I thought it would be a laugh (and It was) to take turns riding in it it wos so much fun but then my friend slammed me into a wall and the trolley fell over and I ended up with my knee in shreds and I did something to my wrist. Not the most stupid thing I've done but stupid all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

One of the MOST stupidist things i did was when i was about 4-5,
    ok it being ireland and all it was raining so me and my mate's were playing in my mate's house, so dinner time comes i have to go so i go out side and because i didn't want to get the rain in my eyes i put my arm over my eyes and ran. straight into a pillar needed to get 3 stiches on my forehead aww
    Heh heh, I like that one.

Now for my own:

When I was about six my cousins had a farm that their Dad worked on at the weekends. So while he was working we were off playing in the barn. We'd broken up a few bales of hay and created a big soft area to jump into from on top of the other bales. Of course this became a competition as to who'd jump from the highest bale so gob****e here goes for the highest jump so far and misses the broken out bales altogether! Luckily for me I landed on top of a round bale which rolled across the floor a couple times with me clinging onto the side. So, what was my reaction, as my cousins looked on terrified I'd killed myself? "Cool! I want another go at that!!!". It took them about an hour to dissuade me from trying to replicate the luckiest excape I'd had with my life up to that young point. The story still gets dragged out at weddings...

ok ok ok, when i was 8(ish) i was at summer camp with all my mates (sameones from above post) now me and sqursh(her nickname) and jill we're being little sh*ts and decided to block the end of the slide. i sat on the edge sqursh sat infront of me( both me and sqursh have one leg on either side of slide and are facing the top of the slide) now jill sits wit her legs infront of her up on the slide.
    this seems to be great fun for all the other kids"lets see who can knock them off" so this goes on and its great fun.
    now this heffer comes alond and bombs down the slide and knocks all 3 of us on our ar%e's, everyone laughs bar me. i'm under everyone in tears....
    so everyone gets up to see me wit my knee embedded onto the end of the slide.
    there had been a large piece of metal sticking out from underneath and i mannaged to get stuck on it. they had to cut the piece of steal with bolt cutters (they being the fire brigade)
    wu hu lots of fun
    this leaving very nasty scar on knee....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Meningitis horror

ahahahah, that is horrendous :)

I did the 'went to school on a holy day' thing too, however in this case two other guys turned up too, one of them being the class hard man, so no slaggings resulted.

As for my own worst:

I had just got a job (this is in 1990) in a medical supply store, mostly books etc. but we also did athletic supports, heat packs etc. etc.

I had only been working there about a week and I was left in the place on my own for the first time. This old woman who looked to be about 100 came hobbling in, comes up to the counter and asks me 'have you got any vibrators?'

I was more than a little thunderstruck so I started stammering 'eh no no, sorry...'. She asks where she can get one and I reply 'eh you could try the Family Planning Centre or something, I dunno?'.

At which point she stares at me and says 'I meant vibrators for my rheumatism'.

... i recently took some naughty pix of me a certain guy and thought that they would be safe under my bed in a box but oh no...oh no n n nope... my dad went under my bed to get the cat(another stupid thing was buying that cat) and knocked over the box picked up the photo's nearly died.then quickly opened a draw to hide them from his eye's....the drawer he open had my vibrator (bush baby) sat in it which freaked him out some more.... so when he decided to talk to me about what he found i decided to change the topic of convo and tell him about my tattoo.....ha ha hum ye he's still not talking to me or letting said guy into the house.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

After a long night out and a few too many drinks I arrived home and opened the door with my key as usual and then closed the door behind me and up to bed.Next morning my dad is going out to work and finds my keys still in the door.Finglas is a very respectable place I tell ye. :p
    I also got caught out with the ol pile of gunpowder trick.It was dark and the lighter wouldnt light cause of the wind so we all gathered round then it flamed up throwing out the brightest light ever and I couldnt see properly for about 20 minutes after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Um, when I was about 9 in the school yard, playing chasing, I tripped over my coat and knocked myself out. I ended up having to get 26 stiches above my eye. That was a fun day...

When I was 4 I tripped over an upright stick on the ground and managed to get it embedded into my forehead. I still have the scar....

I do too many stupid things every day to remember the really stupid things I've done.

Advertisement