Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got the 1meg Lite connection with Irish Broadband????

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Well I got a call from IBB today (1 week after sending my order form). They wanted to know about the building I lived in. I told them it was 3 storeys high and that the roof was not accessible from inside the house. As a result, they'll have to come out with some kind of small crane as ladders are only used for buildings up to 2 storeys high. This is definitely going to lengthen the whole process... :( I'm still hoping I get an IBB connection before Christmas though! Fingers crossed

Thats usually a good sign. When they called me to asked me all those questions, they came out the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

neokenzo wrote:
    Thats usually a good sign. When they called me to asked me all those questions, they came out the next day.
    Exactly the same happened to me, it is a good sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

gline - neokenzo: Thank you for helping me get €50 EUR off Drapper! ;)

I hope I get a call from them soon saying "we're coming tomorrow with a crane Stéphane!". Jesus, I can't wait! :D

good luck with that man, i hope it works out for yah, u will be gr8ly pleased if it does :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gline wrote:
    good luck with that man, i hope it works out for yah, u will be gr8ly pleased if it does :D

What package are you on ?

Steph :- had a discussion with IBB tecnical support about changing my contentiona dn they confirmed that contention should not have any impact on pings !! The downloads will be more reliable than 20:1 but the relay of signal is same !!! I cancelled the upgrade as it not going to amke any differnce to my pings. Dont think it is worth the costs !!

• Advertisement

Im on the breeze 1 meg lite connection and im havinng NO problems so far. its lightening quick for me, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Drapper wrote:
    Are you standing beside the mast???? ;-)

no but its only up the road
    :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Drapper wrote:
    Steph :- had a discussion with IBB tecnical support about changing my contentiona dn they confirmed that contention should not have any impact on pings !! The downloads will be more reliable than 20:1 but the relay of signal is same !!! I cancelled the upgrade as it not going to amke any differnce to my pings. Dont think it is worth the costs !!
    Yeah a mate of mine in France told me that also... Pity 8:1 doesn't improve ping. But mainly I went with the "business 8:1 contention ratio connection" because I can easily upgrade to the 2 or 3MB connection if I need to in future! And I have that Service Level Agreement...

Yeah a mate of mine in France told me that also... Pity 8:1 doesn't improve ping. But mainly I went with the "business 8:1 contention ratio connection" because I can easily upgrade to the 2 or 3MB connection if I need to in future! And I have that Service Level Agreement...

The broadband war has just begun next year 2 meg will be the same price as 1 meg !!! MArch probably. :-)

BTW they are taking fibre to the home in norht Dublin 100meg connection. Trying to get more info. Around Baldoyle !!

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Is this a good time to point out that the 20:1 is equally upgradable? They need to change settings in either case so IBB Sales told you porkies.

• Advertisement

yeh the IBB installer told me the equipment is capable of up to 6 meg connection and only a changfe on IBB's side is needed to upgrade,

gline wrote:
    yeh the IBB installer told me the equipment is capable of up to 6 meg connection and only a changfe on IBB's side is needed to upgrade,

I wonder when we will be able to get 6 meg !!! 0 ping !!!!!

I dont think increasing the speed has anything to do with pings. My mate in France has a 6MB line and he's ping is still the same. Only difference is that you *can* download faster.

neokenzo wrote:
    I dont think increasing the speed has anything to do with pings. My mate in France has a 6MB line and he's ping is still the same. Only difference is that you *can* download faster.

I agree, ping is realy of data from the point to point !!!

Yup, but I'll take any free upgrades I can get my hands on, even if its 1.5MB or 2MB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

neokenzo wrote:
    I also have a mate in France who's got a 6MB connection! :D He's in my Call of Duty team and his ping on French servers is around 15-25ms. When we play on UK servers he's at 30-35ms. Slightly jealous... :(

Anyone got any issues with Video streaming with IBB ?? I can get webstream very good from close Europe/US servers but a big lagg from other locations ............. I know distance is an issue but I've a friend on Eircom and his streaming is btter on a 512 line for foreign sites such as Korea (who put all thier TV programmes on the NET in 300kps quality everyday).............. ??? Anyone experionce this???

BTW my other half is foreign so no smart ass comments ;-)

Advertisement