Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

penalty points in company van

Options
  • 06-10-2004 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I got a speeding notice today about my van being used was speeding. I know who was driving it at the time.

I read somewhere that the points can be avoided if its a company vehicle? The notice just gives you space to snitch on the real driver. I would assume the named driver would get the points. So how are companies avoiding the points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

How long did the notice take to issue?(living in fear)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

let whoever was speeding take the wrap - that's the idea of the points they won't do it again.
    P.s. like the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pataman wrote:
    Was caught on August 20, notice was issue yesterday.. Approx 6 week delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rosiechecking

Pataman wrote:
    "Alleged offence" on 04/09/2004, Saturday. Fixed charge notice received by registered post on 07/09/2004, Tuesday. They must have been up all weekend in Thurles!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

"Alleged offence" on 04/09/2004, Saturday. Fixed charge notice received by registered post on 07/09/2004, Tuesday. They must have been up all weekend in Thurles!!
    It seems that the operation out of Kilkenny is highly effiicent. 3 days is not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I read somewhere that the points can be avoided if its a company vehicle?
    Only if it is owned by a company, not any business. A company is a separate legal person from it's shareholders, directors and employees. If nobody is nominated as the driver, the company, as the vehicle owner gets fined (for the offence of letting someone speed, not the primary offence of speeding).
    Bond-007 wrote:
    I got a speeding notice today about my van being used was speeding. I know who was driving it at the time.
    Then take the rap.

Advertisement