Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave

• 06-10-2004 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone using Ripwave in Dublin 14?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

how far away is dublin 14 from dublin 11 ?

Thats were I am on the ballymun mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Anyone using Ripwave on the edge of Castleknock ?

Also, does Ripwave require the installation of any software or is it simply setup as a network card ? i only ask because I need to install it on my laptop which has Chinese WinXP.

Cheers,
    John

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

USB one needs software setup - if you laptop has an ethernet port then maybe you should choose the ethernet modem, which will require no software not already on windows. Make sure to state clearly you want an Ethernet one - as they delivered me a USB one even though i specifically asked for Ethernet, and then charged me 25 euros to change it. I can't see why Chinese WinXP would stop you loading drivers anyway, but better to be safe than sorry.

As for D14, I only hope it is better than D16 - I have no signal and I have a straight line of sight to the mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

disley wrote:
    Anyone using Ripwave in Dublin 14?
    I am.

Advertisement