Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New VRT Enquiry system

Options
  • 06-10-2004 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Revenue have released a new Online VRT Enquiry system, which can be used to get a guide to the VRT you will need to pay on an imported car/bike. It is also useful for getting a good guide to the value of your existing car as it gives you the OMSP (open market selling price).

https://www.ros.ie:/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Handy Link - we'll merge into the UK buying guide later

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

was messing around with it and checking out how much it would cost to import various cars.
    It did not have the E30 M3, only the newer ones, does not have the (real) six series, Ford Mustang or Capri.
    Gave up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Link really appreciated, vicadd :)

Will seriously consider importing my next car from the UK. The VRT that would have been due on my car, had I imported it, is less than €1.5k - amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

not too sure on its lists of European cars. But it was fairly extensive regarding Japanese cars.

Great link Unkel

ondafly wrote:
    Great link Unkel
    you mean vicadd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

kbannon wrote:
    you mean vicadd!

Thanks ! :D

On this note, I see McCreevey is ranting over in Brussels about how the governments are not doing enough to create the single market (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/10/07/story169908.html). This is the 2nd time I have read about himn doing this recently. The hypocritical bollix! He was the one who increased VRT insetad of removing it, thus creating a bigger barrier to Irelands ability to use the EU market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Really good link cheers!

About time they done something like this, all the ringing up of the local VRT office is a killer on the phone bill! Especially when your talking to some old doll who hasn't a clue about cars!

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Excellent link.
    Moderator: You really should add this to the stickied 'importing guide'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just tried to get a number for a 190e 2.5 16v Cossy - no data! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

did anyone actually get a quote from the system? Ive tried various bmw/fords and every single one of them returned no data..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

my mistake :o

anyway. A friend recently imported an integra and paid the VRT at the VRT office. Hes checked the calculator, and the same amount was calculated online.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Repli wrote:
    did anyone actually get a quote from the system? Ive tried various bmw/fords and every single one of them returned no data..

It works for any standard car I try, you should only have a problem finding rarer cars. Make sure you get number of doors, version and body type correct. e.g. when I looked up an Integra Version DC-High, Doors 3, Body Liftback - you get nothing, but change Body to Sports Coupe and Doors to 2 and you get a list of 5 matches to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I've had no problems with it so far and i've looked up a good 40/50 cars now!

You just have to tweek it a bit with the number of doors and body type like vicadd said

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sonic74f

Excellent link lads, well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

wow, only €8173 vrt on a Focus Rs !!! BARGAIN

seriously, good link but I still despise VRT :(

Advertisement