Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Mach 2?

• 06-10-2004 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Hrmm seemed to be mention'd in some thread or another that i can't be arsed looking for. Anyway how many wanna go for a few beers next wed about 6ish?
    Maybe some of u no show's will make an appearence....and please this time no looking for "people from the internet" ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Sounds good..

It's very difficult just to go up to people you have had no previous physical contact with though..

I don't recommend this but lashing back those two cans in 15 minutes certainly helped me at the last meet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

I'll see how it goes, might be going out already that night but I might be able to find some time to pop in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

sounds good and i can make it that evening. i suggest meeting at the pav again and then gingermans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Just finished lectures on Wednesday at 6 so I'll be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Count me in. Unless my timetable interferes (Biology, Geography/Geology, Physics and Maths methods - bad choice?? someone tell me...).

• Advertisement

I've never known a lecture timetable to go past 6.. Not in sci anyway unless you're doin extra evening modules (eg a language)..
    Physics and biology?? Well I suppose, it'll be physics "B", ie physics when not doing maths. You won't have any chance of doing it for your moderatorship. It will be purely for developing critical thinking, give you a better understanding of the physical world etc..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I've never known a lecture timetable to go past 6.. Not in sci anyway unless you're doin extra evening modules (eg a language)..
    Physics and biology?? Well I suppose, it'll be physics "B", ie physics when not doing maths. You won't have any chance of doing it for your moderatorship. It will be purely for developing critical thinking, give you a better understanding of the physical world etc..
    Fine by me! All I care about is the start time in the morning. I mean this, I will change my timetable so as not to have to get up for a 9am lecture.

What can I say, I'm a lazy bastrad. :D

(of course knowing my luck, Biology will be the one subject that I have 5 9am lectures/labs in...)

Um, if this years jf sci timetable is anything like last years then biology lectures are usually around 10am if they are in the morning, and well geog is at *cough* 9am...chemistry at 11, physics later on. they change from year to year though so ye might be ok pet! btw you should be able to get your timetable by now..

Um, if this years jf sci timetable is anything like last years then biology lectures are usually around 10am if they are in the morning, and well geog is at *cough* 9am...chemistry at 11, physics later on. they change from year to year though so ye might be ok pet! btw you should be able to get your timetable by now..
    Nope, because we don't register til tomorrow, therefore I can't access the local homepage.

*Fingers crossed for no 9am lectures*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you can go into faculty office n get timetable by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Lectures finish at 6 for me on wednesday, so i'll wander up to the Pav then - same meeting spot i guess?

sounds good.. Dress warm!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

where is this "meeting spot"? I wasn't able to make the last one

GodDAMNIT. I have THREE PISSING 9AM LECTURES. All in geog/geology. So I'll probably drop it.

Grrr....

sadsbkadashbdashkbdhsbdsjkandjkld.

where is this "meeting spot"? I wasn't able to make the last one
    Anseo
    crank.jpg

Originally posted by Pet:
    GodDAMNIT. I have THREE PISSING 9AM LECTURES. All in geog/geology. So I'll probably drop it.
    ah what did i tell ye...
    well geog is at *cough* 9am...
    they really shouldnt put so many lectures on at 9am for that subject, they are like encouraging people not to do it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'll drag Dest, Funky and plasticman along with me.

I know! And the head of the geog department did such a good job of convincing me with his colourful powerpoint presentation, and for what!? Psssh.

Well didn't I entirely forget about this yoke til precarious said it in another thread just there...
    Who's comin?

I will this time, lecture finishes at 6 so I'll still be hanging around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Afraid i'm going to miss this one as well....have a conference :(

Hrmm 6 wasn't it? i should be attending i spose

Oi Skylynx fix my maths accound cause I can't get it to forward mail to my own mail account ok :(

lol, read the faq's , we detail info on such things(well i think someone sorted them out)..

and your own mail acc? better off using maths prolly, no max mail size n no quota's... webmail/pop3/imap interfaces..........

Hmmrh, I couldn't find the faqs (and the one on the ssh thing presumed you knew how to work unix) and how do I check my maths mail from home? Just give me a really quick hint

Heh who would have thought just typing 'pine' would make it work. Speaking of pine this maths system really gives me wood.

Heh who would have thought just typing 'pine' would make it work. Speaking of pine this maths system really gives me wood.
    Eh??

Unix email jargon blah, that's all pet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

using maths mail account as pop3 i'm definetly going to look into that.

i'm using outlook express at home and it's cool its just i miss it when i'm on campus using sh1tty mymail. but for somereason my maths account is swarming with junk mail and i have a habit of making my inbox dissappear. hopefully i;ve be able to use thunderbird on it.

• Advertisement

you can use thunderbird no problem, and thunderbirds spam filtering is quite good, you should also enable the spam filtering on the maths system(in the faq's).

We Recommend Secure POP3/IMAP too.

Advertisement