Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody hell!..i got there!

Options
  • 06-10-2004 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Finalllly!

me TDX came this morning so ive been busy today sticking it together and i can offically say..my first Watercooled rig is finished! :D

suppose i can update my sig now ;)

heres a few snaps anyways..i know ive gotta tidy the wires up at some point and play around with the cathodes (theres actually 1 at the top as well as bottom but you can hardly see it :( )
    (the drives are in the middle because my rads at the bottom and my res is in the cage thingy with the fan strapped on..im hoping for a bit more cooling ;))

piccies of my baby:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

very nice :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

damn slick, any chance of temps and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

tbh im not sure of my temps..you know all the messing around with the newcastle cores and MSI board bios?...i mean when i first booted it up MBM5 said 34 and the corecentre said 43 ..from a cold boot :eek:

so im ...ignoring that, its saying 40 now..which i highly doubt the tubes aint even warm , its not making any difference if i run the rad fans at 12v or 7v i get the same temps so sorry i cant give you anything accurate as of yet until i pluck up the courage to flash the bios again ;)

cpu sitting at the stock 2.4...id like to get 2.7-2.8 out of him then i will feel the money is justified :D ...also the AS5 wont have kicked in for a few days will it..so again..i have no idea what my temps are...god dammit 44 now!...i sense a bios flash rather soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

prety impressive...how long did it take you to install the whole thing?

lol now theres a story!

ok last er...tuesday the kit came and i was rather worried as seeing all these weird parts and tubing confused me :rolleyes:

but i stripped the thermaltake down to fit the rad in, and he went in with a squeeze...then i placed my pump in the case (where it is in this case)..to find it right under the vid card...there was nowhere else to mount it so it was time for a new case :confused:

the Stacker came on friday ...what a beast :D

then i started putting it all together..got the parts all connected, to find the radiator leaking, it seems they hadnt stuck any rubber washers or anything round the barbs, so got some PTFE tape the next day...got the rad sorted, tried leak testing again..to find the block was playing up!..my rather nice looking Maze 4 (i didnt mean to buy this 1 anyway)...decided he wanted to leak ..basically through the copper at the bottom..it was odd, but all under the top was marks and it look like it was starting to rust after 1 night, it really wasnt right so i emailed em on monday morning, they said send it back and i asked for a TDX in replacement (after i heard it was a better block anyway)...so they said pop a note in and it can be replaced, then the TDX came this morning :D

its hard to say how long its taken with all the faults :rolleyes:

but...well the actual cutting tubes, fitting parts to the case and whatever only took an hour or so, then a couple of hours leak testing..its just happened to take over a week to complete :rolleyes:

but hey..its done now..and i love her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

very very nice good job well done ....i love that stacker case i might get rid of my wavemaster and go for one of those ....are the tubes blue or do you have a dye in the water i cant see it .....where did you pick up the case and how much ??????...i got my gpu waterblock for the reserator but i mightnt put it on just yet ..but hell you got one nice rig there keep it up :D

hey thanks :)

the tubes are DD Clearflex, i got 10 feet of it in the kit and it worked out about £13 ..if id have got blue tubes id have paid double that..so i opted for some £3 "deep Blue" dye..ok its not "deep blue" but it is blue :D..prob the cathodes lighting it up, so i saved a tenner for the same effect :D

i got the case from Overclockers.co.uk it was one of the only places i could find that sold the Stacker with an option of the normal side panel or with the window, its £117 with the plain panel or £129 with the window :)

You prob have to change all this though because you lot are using euros aint ya ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

did you purchase the stacker online id rather not if i could is it available in any shope in ireland??? oh and the rig lloks great well done :D

sorry i dont know if you can buy it anywhere in ireland..i live in england :rolleyes:

mind you it only cost me £9 for next day courier..which for the size i was most impressed about, ive seen people on ebay flogging smaller cases with £20+ postage

thanks btw :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Tasty!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

peats have it for €240

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Jammer wrote:
    peats have it for €240

Thats just the standard silver one with no window tho. Want me the black one with a window but I think Combat Cow said he had to import his windowed side panel from the states and it cost a fortune.

Looking very sweet Viper, very sweet indeedy.

ta :)

now to flash this bios so i can get an accurate temp and overclock it! :D

Advertisement