Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti anyone??

Options
  • 06-10-2004 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just wanted to know if anyone did any graffiti/spray painting in UCD or knew of any groups who did....also wondering if anyone knows of any places that sell spray paint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you like graffiti you should check out the men's toilets in the UCD restaurant.I think it's the third door down.I found it funny but I imagine those who work for Niteline wouldn't.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I do graffiti but not in UCD.. you should google for some good paint seeling site normally works out cheaper buying online ..Montana is probably the best paint to use for all sufaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭aSS g0BliN

yeah i was visiting www.eiresol.com for a good while and they have some pretty cool stuff,but do u head around with a group or do u do it by urself.....those pics are pretty wicked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They ain't his, they are by a guy in the UK called Nema. You'll find more of Nema's stuff on www.graffiti.org/dj

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Actual quote from the restaurant:

"Flush twice, it's a long way to the kitchen"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I don't want to see anyone suggesting meeting up or such like for the purposes of graffiti in UCD or similar. Straight ban without warning for those who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If you're intersted in finding someone who seems to know alot about graffiti and vandalism, you should get in contact with a guy called Pat Paterson. This guy's work is embraced by UCD students due to his beautiful artistic style. His finest pieces of work are usually found in any mens toilet around the UCD campus and he always signs his work with a comment about himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

Was curious about the Graffiti in Windmill Lane, is it legal for them to Grafitti there as every sataurday afternoon there would be a group of kids all spraying. I mean the cop shop is close by and its not like they do it at night and run away they spend hours there and it was nearly every sataurday (at least the few times I left the flat in the afternoon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It started in Windmill with tourists going down and signing the walls on the place as U2 owned the studios and they expected U2 to see it. Then a couple of guys painted graffiti pieces there in about 96/97 and it just grew from that. Now it's considered part of Windmill Lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 El Grifto

Check out All City in Crowe Street Temple Bar thats where I get my stuff! :D
    400ml cans is 4euros :eek:
    600ml 6euros

uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek uek
    UNDERGROUNDELEMENTSKINGS!
    rcs rcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcsrcs
    RADICALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DJ Kryptonic

uberwolf wrote:
    I don't want to see anyone suggesting meeting up or such like for the purposes of graffiti in UCD or similar. Straight ban without warning for those who do.

Murphy?

eh, nope

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

uberwolf I don't want to see anyone suggesting meeting up or such like for the purposes of graffiti in UCD or similar. Straight ban without warning for those who do.

Graffiti is an artform, I don't think these guys are talking about "I woz ere" vandalism. There are designated areas Graffs can go and spray. I think there may be one in Blackrock. I don't know where though.

cormie wrote:
    Graffiti is an artform, I don't think these guys are talking about "I woz ere" vandalism. There are designated areas Graffs can go and spray. I think there may be one in Blackrock. I don't know where though.

but it's a crime when done outside of those designated areas, n'est pas?

and this, nor any other forum on boards is to be used for coordinating criminal activity no matter how trivial it may appear because it could come back on boards.ie

converstation between Hugh Brady and SysAdmin.

"That graffiti which is popping up everywhere is an eyesore and expensive to remove."

"ah yes, boards.ie was coordinating it"

"block the site."

no boards for UCD.
    Ok a bit extreme but conceivable, no diff from me saying that the file sharing group can chat away, but any coordination should be done away from the public fora.

capiche?

Capiche!

It's a hard topic to mod. Just letting you know there are designated areas and people who employ such artists for shop windows and the likes :)

did any graffiti/spray painting in UCD or knew of any groups who did

meant one thing as far as I was concerned. Warned rather than closed, I'm a lover not a hater ;)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Speaking of Graffiti, has anyone noticed this whole "angel" thing going on?

I have seen crudely drawn, angel wearing charcter all over campus, and even beyond (its even on the outside of the public toilets in Bray)

Anyone any idea what this is all about?

I had assoc it with the juggling soc cos I'd seen something like you'd described with juggling soc written close by in more than one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vibe

Dear el grifto, thats all well and good wit rcs and uek but wat about drop and the rest of the icn crew.Also that is a good shop to buy spray.and have u ever thought about making u'r piece better i saw the one in blackrock which seems to be you'r best but the rest are TOY able by standards of greatness and someone who is as well knowen as you should try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Question do any decent writers out there. Is stealth bombers crew (SBC) and the dark angels (TDA) still going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement