Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

resident evil: stinkapocalypse!(spoilers)

• 06-10-2004 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

watched it yesterday!

it sucked!

I mean come on! a woman that looks like she was made from matchsticks fights these Nemesis creature and beats it?

that was so stupid!

stupid zombies walking at 1 km/h

I'd recommend this movie only to the hardcore game fans!

Comments

Yes I remember I got an idea it might be dumb when viewing the trailer....but theres lots of totty on display yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

but the question is: is it better than the first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Chevano, IMHO, the first one was better! it was a little more realistic! and the laser cutting was cool!

this one starts very promising, they evacuate some people from the town, blah blah blah, you know the classical before storm thing....I thought it is going to be good!

then those stupid zombies started walking and I lost all the fan! they are stupid! and the characters go through them like through papers!

Milla and all the characters are just supernatural!

and this Nemesis monster when he first appears, I though OK! now this is going to improve but nah! he fights only Milla, and like I said it sucked!

the Nemesis was very unagile, slow, and stupid! not scary at all! roars like a dumba**

it just looked like those sci-fi series on skyone! "we start, we kill, we escape" - dry movie!

I don't know what a hell is going on with today's directors! are they retareded? where are movies like Alien? or Predator?

Scott Tasty Manuscript, Nope! there weren't many special effects! If fact the only special effect I remember is when Milla runs into the church with a motorcycle there is slomo scene, and when she fires and 2 bullets doing a slomo, other than that nothing!

oh yea another thing! at some moments as their last desperate act to scare you they raise the volume unbeliavably high! and it's very annoying instead of being scary!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Watched it the other night and thought it was very good , popcorn type action movie with some decent ehh actresses :)
    Didnt expect a Day of the Dead type horror just Res Evil with more action than 1st. Only stupid part was
    the running down the wall scene seriosuly crap

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I thought it kidna sucked, just a mindless popcorn flick, the bike in the window thing was just so pathetically stupid, utterly dire scene that
    and considering thats all we see of the lickers, what a bloody waste!
    . Nemisis did kidna suck too,
    and he can survive a few hundred bullets, but when put onto a spike it virtually kills him??? wtf like how stupid
    . Overall a pretty poo film really, no thought behidn it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

CyberGhost wrote:
    I don't know what a hell is going on with today's directors! are they retareded?
    This is one of the greatest things I've ever read on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You get some positive rep for that "retareded?" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The acting in this is truly awful.

It's like they rounded up all the actors at a bus station or something.

I thought the Nemesis itself looked great and was just like his videogame counterpart. But he really didn't do very much. The Nemesis should be a Terminator style unstoppable, unrelenting killing machine. In this film he
    gets kicked around a bit and becomes a good guy!!!

And there are lots of scenes taken directly from FMV sequences from the games. But they just feel awkwardly tacked on.

Jill Valentine really looked the part... but again... the actress was awful once she opened her mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

so is there any indication of a third movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kaimera wrote:
    so is there any indication of a third movie?

Yeah you could bet your ass on it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

CyberGhost wrote:
    Scott Tasty Manuscript, Nope! there weren't many special effects!

you mean all the zombies were real?

CyberGhost wrote:
    it was a little more realistic! !

yeah, i thought i heard about it on the news, you now, the 5th story in, that told us about the zombies in that town where that big corporation is....

oh hold on, im sure its all made up!

CyberGhost wrote:
    i am gay !

yes.
    yes i believe you are.
    This is one of the greatest things I've ever read on boards.ie.

i agree. well, not greatest, but close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The Nemesis should be a Terminator style unstoppable, unrelenting killing machine. In this film he
    gets kicked around a bit and becomes a good guy!!!
    Like the Terminator? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i watched it thought it was good enough, loved the ending great effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it was well better then the first IMO

i hated the opening scenes with the zombies. with modern technology there's no excuse for that kind of ****ty slow-motion. if i wanted to watch a real media stream i would have stayed home.

the story was alright. i'm not a fan of the games so i've no idea how they related... the nemesis looked pretty cool though.

the 3rd one might be good, considering this was an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously - it was only meant as light entertainment - I think LJ kinda gave that away :rolleyes:
    CyberGhost wrote:
    it just looked like those sci-fi series on skyone! "we start, we kill, we escape" - dry movie!

I don't know what a hell is going on with today's directors! are they retareded? where are movies like Alien? or Predator?

You didn't like Resident Evil? Oh man, are you ever going to hate Alien Vs. Predator...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I just want to see Milla with a big gun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know this might sound weird, but I think RE:A was the loudest movie I've ever seen in a cinema. As a movie-based-on-a-game, it was definitely above average.

On a side note, I see the Omniplex in Limerick just put up a poster for House Of The Dead - now THATS a bad movie. Its about a year since I saw that in the States, so there must be a slow weekend coming up....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just came back from it. Dreadful movie and highly entertaining at the same time! Pure unbashed popcorn. Milla is hilarious as the super soldier and puts just the right amount of acting ability as the script deserves. I laughed a lot and had a great bit of fun, a break from the normally more serious fare that I watch. Recommended if you want pure idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah, you're mad to take it too seriously. I enjoyed it.

And pppfffttt! zombies aren't meant to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

When I saw the final trailer for Apocalypse I got a bit worried. I thought it looked pretty poor.

It was definitely a lot better than I was expecting. I liked all the game references, which were absent from the first movie, especially the S.T.A.R.S uniforms, and Carlos & Jill appearing. The acting was pretty dreadful, but in a way, it suited the movie perfectly. It would've been nice to see more of non-zombie monsters like the Lickers, but there was still plenty of action and violence. The main problem that sticks out for me (yeah I'm gonna ignore the plotholes):
    It was a pity that Nemesis was defeated so easily, but EVEN worse was his inner good guy shining through. He should've creamed Alice :p

I was very happy when Nemesis growled 'S.T.A.R.S' :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was smiling to myself when I saw the code veronica reference. When I saw the trailer Iknew they were going to do it.

Didn't like nemesis though. Wish it was like the games where the tyrant class zombies were invincible killing machines that kept coming back more mutated and bigger when you thought they were dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

fragile wrote:
    I just want to see Milla with a big gun :D

Funny that, I just want to stick my penis in her.

.logic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone one who says her nudity in both resi films was gratuitous and unconstructive to the films, is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

TCamen wrote:
    I was very happy when Nemesis growled 'S.T.A.R.S' :cool:

yeah i kinda laughed uncomfortably at that, remembering the many hours spent playing Resident Evil:Nemesis until the early hours, nearly sh!tting myself whenever I heard it. Very good reference I thought.

Advertisement