Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone know anything about scented candles?

• 06-10-2004 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anyone knows where to buy quality candles.
    I need to buy a present to my Mum for Christmas and she is a candle crazy, but I don't know S... about candles :confused:
    I went to Brown Thomas and Arnott's and I couldn't find anything less than EUR 50 and they didn't look that great.
    The only guys I have found that seem to sell some good stuff were www.celticflames.com, but I am not sure. They come in so many sizes and scents. Did you know that some burn for 60 hours...That doesn't seem right, does it? 60 fecken hours?

Anyway,
    Anyone out there ever tried those celticflames guys?
    Any other present idea for a 60 yo woman?

Any help is appreciated ;)

Jarod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Totally wrong forum Dude, but you are new I guess. Check out Dunnes, they got good cheap ones there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Yes indeed, wrong forum.
    I'll move this to After Hours, you might get more help there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Anyone know of any places around Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow/Meath that do their own scented candles - g/f is big into them....

cheers in advance

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

/me puts on my big girls blouse

Ok, Yankee Candles are the jobbie. Relatively cheap, and loads of flavours (scents) for every occasion from Autumn, to Winter to Christmas, to Easter to Summer - you get the idea. You can buy them in a box of several flavours. There's a few places in Liffey Valley (that shop on the corner, opposite Tuthills, for example). Look for them in shops that sell household items, such as furniture, paintings, etc.

I sadly have to admit a certain fondness for the particular scent that is "Home for the Holidays" and "Festival of Lights". My better half lights them around Christmas time and it really sets the mood.

If you want something really special (and expensive for that matter), Tiffany's have to do the most fantabulously scented candle I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. If you are in London (or New York, or Paris, for that matter), drop in and have a smell.

/end blouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Or you might buy her a scenter. There's a tres expensive shop with Finnish stuff, down at the Christ Church end of Temple Bar - I think it's called something like 2Cool...something.

It sells, among other goodies like $$Marimekko cloth and too-elegant-to-be-able-to-move Finnish furniture, thick glass scenters with a little stone bowl filled with kind of lava stones. You light a nightlight underneath the bowl of stones and drop some essential oil on the stones (the shop sells particularly good blends of oils too), then when the stones heat up you pour on a little water, and get a sudden surge of bubbling steam like a mini sauna. Very soothing, and the light coming through the glass looks gorgeous too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Does anyone know anything about scented candles?

They taste foul

I was very very drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

venom u forgot to mention cork/kerry/sligo/.... ;p

PPL - Blanchardstown Centre - Haven for them. Their is Goodbodies, WHAT, Inspiring Ideas, Poundworld things, Roches,Dunnes, Home Inspirations(somehtin like that), variety world.. ETC.

bajilions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hot air from a candle will rise to the top of the room, spread out and as it cools fall back down again, basically fill up the whole room, any gasses expelled above one is promptly spread around the room, found this out after standing by one of those candles that sit on the base of the fireplace during xmas after eating a tonne of pudding, doean't really count as as a scented candle, but I thought it was an interesting point to make given the subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shop next to Spar, between Trinity and the Molly Malone statue (Grafton Street ), sells candles, me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the_syco wrote:
    Shop next to Spar, between Trinity and the Molly Malone statue (Grafton Street ), sells candles, me thinks.
    Aye, you can smell it a mile away. Lush or something I think its called.

• Advertisement
Advertisement