Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Options
  • 06-10-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Yeah, after a long wait, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection will finally be released on Xbox on October 29th.

Best news of all is that this version will contain Street Fighter III: Third Strike aswell as the 1994 anime Street Fighter: The Animated Movie, which is included on the disc.

Add online play for both Hyper Street Fighter II and Third Strike, and you've got something special. Can't wait for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

sounds nice, bill gates with a finger in another pie. ive only played the ps2 version in hmv during the summer against all comers (13 spaniards and a few locals) and won as well. i still prefer the snes ones, cos i can play them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didn't buy the PS2 version because SF3 wasn't included. I guess i'll be adding this to my collection :D Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ps2 version wasnt the may west

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Does it have xbox live support. If it does it will explain any mysterious disappearances of Kdjacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I've had this pre-ordered for about 3 months now :) We're looking at an Arcade PERFECT port of Third Strike here ladies and gentlemen, none of cut frames of animation the dreamcast suffered from. All I need now is to find a decent arcade stick to buy for this and I'll be all set. Hopefully the netcode will be better than Line of Contact as parrying will be impossible with any sort of delay. Also the animated movie isn't up to much, it's funny to watch once but the quality was terrible on the ps2 version.
    Does it have xbox live support.

Try reading the original post.

• Advertisement

Try reading the original post

Ar! Me see's. The excitement got to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Is it just me, or is Street Fighter 3 the best fighting game capcom have amde since Alpha2? they really did get the game just right with Third Strike, great game altogether and a good few of the new charecters are actually worth playing, I myself pretty much always play either Alex or Mokato (or is it Makoto?).

Pugsley wrote:
    Is it just me, or is Street Fighter 3 the best fighting game capcom have amde since Alpha2? they really did get the game just right with Third Strike, great game altogether and a good few of the new charecters are actually worth playing, I myself pretty much always play either Alex or Mokato (or is it Makoto?).

I've played every single Street Fighter/Vs game except for the 3 SF3 games :(. I've watched loads of videos of it in action though mostly from combovideos.com and it looks amazing. I don't agree with anyone who says the character design isn't up to scratch. All the characters look great and have a really nice look to them except for Remy who lets face it is no replacement for guile. Also its Makoto :)

Someone told me that this is delayed until January. I really hope thats not true and play is still listing it as this month so I don't really know. Are there any 3S machines in Dublin?

qparry.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Someone told me that this is delayed until January. I really hope thats not true and play is still listing it as this month so I don't really know.

That's the US version of the game. I see no reason for a PAL delay (for some reason, we're getting this baby first).

Some nice box art here.

Another 2D fighter that's on it's way to PS2 and Xbox is King of Fighters 00/01. While the game doesn't look like it will support Xbox Live, the budget price of £15 (around €22 online) makes up for it. Plus the game will thankfully be unedited. The game's on track for November 5th.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload for Xbox is also on track for late November in Europe, no other details yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Man i used to love KOF 99. Played it all the time in the arcade. Thank god for mame though! Will have to convince my xbox owning mate to pick up these two when they come out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any word of a specific Streetfighter type joypad for the Xbox? I've seen the PS2 Streetfighter joypads at Lik-Sang and they look pretty swanky.

My Dreamcast joystick has finally given up the ghost (I used it with a converter), so I'll need something else.

http://www.buyritegames.com/product_information.asp?number=PS2-RYUCONT&back=

Heres the PS2 one. Looks gorgeous, like the fantastic japanese Saturn controllers. Hope they do an xbox version as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Any word of a specific Streetfighter type joypad for the Xbox? I've seen the PS2 Streetfighter joypads at Lik-Sang and they look pretty swanky.

There is yup, in Guile, Cammy, Sagat, and Akuma variations. No pics yet though, and they won't be released till at least January 2005 in the US with a worldwide release pending. Still, it's great news; the Controller-S doesn't really cut the mustard.

Are there any good quality arcade sticks for the xbox (preferrably with a port for Live's headset but thats not essential)? Theres this officially supported stick: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/reflexarcadestick.htm and it's pretty cheap too but are there any better options out there? Maybe I should get a converter and use the dreamcast's arcade controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I don't agree with anyone who says the character design isn't up to scratch. All the characters look great and have a really nice look to them except for Remy who lets face it is no replacement for guile. Also its Makoto :)

I agree that they do look good but most of them are fairly bad characters, design wise. How can you possibly argue with that point when concerning Twelve, Sean, Remy, Necro and the old guy with one arm whose name escapes me for the moment? They're all atrociously designed characters, no originality or inventiveness in them whatsoever. Or they're cheap knock-offs of oldies. I would have preferred Dhalsim to Necro, Guile to Remy and no one to sean tbh.

In saying that I do think most of them are great and there are some excellent characters in this game, namely Alex, being one of my favourite SF characters ever.

Meh I'm not getting into this argument again. It's been done to death too many times already.

Meh I'm not getting into this argument again. It's been done to death too many times already.

Whatever, I've already said I dislike Remy and yeah Sean is pretty ****ty too. I really like the other three you mentioned though. Anyway, it's landed, it's awesome and online it's lag free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

the usa version of Street fighter annivery collection for ps2 has Street fighter 3rd strike and yes its a brilliant game, i cant pary for **** :*(

pay i suggest once again people check out that video i posted ages ago of SF3 torunament. Amazing

Yeah I watched it a few times. I was playing against someone online today and the managed to do a full parry of Yun's SA2 which I thought was pretty impressive, just shows the level of the competition online. I can parry okay on one player at the moment, I have real problems with the lower attacks though because I tend to press forward instead of down. When I'm playing online the opponent is less predictable so I tend to end up playing it safe and parrying less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

we got the game in in work and i must say it looks deadly. when i get my xbox(someday) im definitely gettin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We've had it on the screens in work. I really want to give it a go, maybe the wireless Xbox controllers are gonna have to come out again after hours!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wow this sounds really amazing, I bought the Ps2 verson when it came out and was very dissapointed, now that ive read this thread looks like i may have to buy the the xbox version....but is it really worth it if you already bought it for the ps2?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Depends how much value you put on getting Third Strike and the anime really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

might i add... the movie is great! i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i too bought the ps2 version when it came out, but with the xbox version being LIVE enabled im going to trade in my ps2 version against the xbox one!

yip evad_lhorg the movie does indeed RAWK!! Ryu's headbutt on the big dude before the fight with Fei Long is class!! oh yeah and the fight with Sagat at the start too!! only problem is that you have to go into the ingame menu to play it!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

PS2-RYUCONT.jpg

sweetness.

Bug Alert Bug Alert Bug Alert

Taken from Shoryuken.com (I've been having the same problems too, seems everyone is):
    Hi everyone.
    I just wanted to let you guys know that the online part of Street Fighter III has a bug where you get a black screen when you try to do a rematch, after a while you get the connection error displayed and it'll result in a Loss for you.
    My guess is that this is the reason for the recall.
    I sure hope they patch that, along with showing drops in the statistics, it's CvS all over again, had my first dropper on the second match.
    Ok recently got SFAC for the box, really excited! But one thing i noticed is that on hugo's level with the original music on, it like freezes up. Not the game just the music. It'll just keep skiping until the match is done. Is this just my copy or is it a fault on capcom's part.

The Hugo bug is pretty minor but I prefer the original soundtrack on the whole so it's a bit annoying. The dropping problem is causing a lot of issues online at the moment though and is turning rankings into a bit of a joke. Hopefully this will be patched soon.

Ah for christs sake! I just bought this yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'd just like to say, I'd easily beat Kdjac.

• Advertisement

Online play for the Hyper Fighting side of things is perfect, no lag or any dropping problems. I don't really see how they could **** up 3S (which is the main attraction for most people) so much. I really hope this doesn't end up like Steel Batallion: Line of Contact :(

Advertisement