Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I got the PS2 version, out of nostalgia and for a bit of fun kicking the crap out of my house mates. As was mentioned earlier, SF3 wasn't included. SF2 isn't anyehere near as much fun as I remembered and it doesn't help when you're the worst player in the room. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

as far as i know it is not the pal version that the recall is on.

have you lot been having the problem cause we have had no returns in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Yup, dropping in 3S on the rematch screen and the hugo music bug. I wonder what the eta on a patch is.

shag it i wanted to get this on friday

is manhunt any use on xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gamespot: 8.3
    Just the concept behind that game is kinda nasty imo... But the PC packaging for it looks cool.

• Advertisement

I have a spare copy of Street Fighter AC that I might be able to sell you for no mark up. I have someone coming Wednesday who might want it but if he doesn't I'll gladly sell it to you if you'll use paypal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

is manhunt any use on xbox?

PC and PS2 versions are terrible. The game plays horrendously, is frustrating and gets boring quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Placebo wrote:
    PS2-RYUCONT.jpg

sweetness.

Got mine in the post today, the box is ****ing awesome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got mine in the post today, the box is ****ing awesome!!

Any sign of an Xbox version of that pad? It's the only thing that's stopping me from buying the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw in GamesTM the magic box which will allow me to use my two japanese saturn controllers on the xbox :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Any sign of an Xbox version of that pad? It's the only thing that's stopping me from buying the game.

Did ya read the first page? Here's a link for proof, hopefully they'll get released bar delays. Now that the Xbox has turned into a fledging console for 2D fighting games, I will really need to move on from the Controller-S.

Got the Anniversary Collection in the post today. Third Strike is great (having never got it on the Dreamcast) yet Hyper Street Fighter II is really nothing new. Online will be a huge draw; I'll be setting that up shortly.

Tell me if you suffer from the same stupid problems most people have been having online.

how does it play on the s-type pad? hope this online thing is fixed quick!!! ill be settin it up as soon as i get the xbox. how long does it take to actually get xbox live set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Get one of the adaptors allowing you to use the ps2 pad on the xbox.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    how does it play on the s-type pad? hope this online thing is fixed quick!!! ill be settin it up as soon as i get the xbox. how long does it take to actually get xbox live set up?

Fine overall but EX moves can be a little tricky to pull off due to the pad. Not long really, it'll auto install software if you try to go online and you can proceed to make an account from there. Make sure you have your isp details ready so it can connect to the servers. Depending on your isp it could be a doddle or take some messing about with.

Get one of the adaptors allowing you to use the ps2 pad on the xbox.

Don't get a PS2 pad. Its worse than the s-type pad for capcom fighting games. I hate using shoulder buttons for fighting games and the buttons are tto spread out.

The s-type pad is also horrible. Using the white and black buttons is impossible so I'm playing without 2 essential buttons and my combos are suffering.

Get a pad that is like the japanese saturn pad. The official SF anniversary edition pad is a good example.

Fine overall but EX moves can be a little tricky to pull off due to the pad. Not long really, it'll auto install software if you try to go online and you can proceed to make an account from there. Make sure you have your isp details ready so it can connect to the servers. Depending on your isp it could be a doddle or take some messing about with.

what about the paying for it and what not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

you have to buy a years subscription or else get a two month free trial! They ask for a credit card number but dont actually bill you untill your subscription has expired and you automatically are subscribed again.

so hang on. if i get a 2 month trial with halo 2 i put in that code i get and i wont get charged for 14 months then? and what if i dont want to keep it? can i cancel it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

you mean a 2 month trial plus a years subscription? im not too sure. you can cancel when ever you want i think.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    so hang on. if i get a 2 month trial with halo 2 i put in that code i get and i wont get charged for 14 months then? and what if i dont want to keep it? can i cancel it?

You get a free trial and once those two months are up you decide whether or not you want to pay. If you decide not to you wont be able to use your xbox live tag with a new trial token.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    The s-type pad is also horrible. Using the white and black buttons is impossible so I'm playing without 2 essential buttons and my combos are suffering.

What are you talking about?? The two triggers work perfectly in the game because the two High attacks dont need to be done rapidly. Using the trigger and a button at once to do an EX move is a lot easier than pressing two buttons at once with the pad.

Also on a side note I finished the game with every character and now I can use Gill online which is stupid because he's so overpowered. Capcom really didn't think the online side through once again.

I prefer using a 6 button configuration. Anything else just doesn't feel right. And the loss of those two essential attack buttons is really bad if you play against some one who is really good. Also the analogue stick gets in the way of the d-pad. Have to say the s-type is far better than the PS2 pad.

Thats what I'm saying though, it seems ridiculous to just not use two actions just because they're assigned to the triggers. I don't see how the analogue stick gets in the way of the dpad considering that very few moves require you to use anything other than the bottom 5 directions. I'm not disputing that theoretically 6 face buttons should be better than 4 face and 2 triggers since thats closer to the arcade layout but in reality it works out a little different. If you think about it you're using 3 fingers in the arcade whereas on a pad with 6 face buttons and a dpad you can only use your thumb to press two buttons at once. If theres two triggers you can use 4 buttons at once which is a hell of a lot better than constantly shifting your thumb around. In CvS2 you can do a roll with your right thumb, buffer a 360 with your left thumb and then use your right index finger to press strong punch. For me this means a lot less thumb movement letting you pull off moves quicker.

But if you've been playing SF2 for as long as me you will prefer the 6-button layout. Played it so much in the arcades along with the other capcom fighting games that it is blasphemy for me to use anything less than 6 face buttons. Also the official saturn 6 button pads (drool) that I'm using on my japanese saturn don't help matters They're beautiful!. I think of using one button to function as two or more buttons as cheating. Also I find for all controllers with shoulder buttons the left trigger is hard to use for special moves. Actually most of my friends who didn't play SF2 as much as me prefer the 6 face button layout. But my bigest reason for recommending 6-face buttons is that it is more authentic. Anyway different strokes for different folks.

The analogue stick gets in my way while trying to do airbourne special moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Also the analogue stick gets in the way of the d-pad.

What? On the ps2 pad, you must have some fat fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

**** this, i'm gonna have to get me an X-Box

the PS2 version of the game wasnt as great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

What was wrong with the PS2 version?

Dogg.

Talking about the xbox pad. I've other reasons to not just not like the playstation pad for capcom fighting games and even more that make me loath it.

The PS2 in europe didn't include SF3 and also had no online support which are imo the two best things about the xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Ah okay, I got mine in the US so I do have SF3. Still no online of course, although part of me thinks that even fractional lag could kill any enjoyment I might get out of it. If that's not the case however, I may well consider getting the XBox version at some point.

Dogg.

Advertisement