Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    But if you've been playing SF2 for as long as me you will prefer the 6-button layout. Played it so much in the arcades along with the other capcom fighting games that it is blasphemy for me to use anything less than 6 face buttons. Also the official saturn 6 button pads (drool) that I'm using on my japanese saturn don't help matters They're beautiful!. I think of using one button to function as two or more buttons as cheating. Also I find for all controllers with shoulder buttons the left trigger is hard to use for special moves. Actually most of my friends who didn't play SF2 as much as me prefer the 6 face button layout. But my bigest reason for recommending 6-face buttons is that it is more authentic. Anyway different strokes for different folks.

The analogue stick gets in my way while trying to do airbourne special moves.

Using a pad no matter how many buttons are on it's face is still nothing like the real thing since you're using a dpad and your fingers are in different positions which is why I'm building my own arcade stick as theres no decent premade ones for the xbox.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    The PS2 in europe didn't include SF3 and also had no online support which are imo the two best things about the xbox version.

Have you even tried playing SF3 online?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you see the magic box? it allows you to use Playstation 2, Dreamcast and Saturn joypads/joysticks on the xbox. You could get one of them from lik-sang and a hori real arcade pro playstation 2 joystick or the official sega dreamcast arcade joystick which are both really good quality.

Haven't played SF3 on-line yet. Waiting for some time off so i can make the most of my free time on xbox live. Only got my own xbox awhile ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Well like I said earlier in the thread the online side of 3S is severely broken and in dire need of patching so I wouldn't go around waxing lyrical about that part of the game just yet...

I'll check out the magic box, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Despite having sf3 and online mode it still has a much less score on gamerankings than the ps2 version got. Its not the may west on ps2 to be honest, id just rather play capcom vs snk

Advertisement