Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Balbriggan?

• 06-10-2004 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Is broadband available from any provider in Balbriggan? I see the exchange in a list here as being broadband enabled, but I'm told that broadband actually isn't available in BB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

You can definitely get B'band in Balbriggan through all the usual suspects - Eircon, UTV, Esat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Who told you it wasn't available? It's been enabled for over a year in Balbriggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have broadband since Aug 03 afair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I'm in Balbriggan and can't get Broadband either - line unsuitable.
    There's no wireless broadband coverage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 acunning

Check out net1.ie they might cover your part of balbriggan.

• Advertisement

I had heard about net1.ie and have been in contact with them however this is what they say:

"We have service on the north and west side of balbriggan, but we have not
    installed a base station in the town due to the presence of eircoms dsl
    product there."

A straw pole of Balbriggan business's numbers (looked up via Golden Pages and checked on the Eircom(n) Broadband website) indicated quite a proportion of numbers ~30% that were unsuitable for their Broadband.
    I let net1 know that - but no response from them.

I'm in the Northern end of town and have asked if they would survey for a signal. I'll post any reply.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

I'm from Balbriggan and have broadband for over a year now. I live not too far from the new industrial estate that's going up on the inner-relief road. When I was getting BB in I asked the Eircom bloke and he reckoned the lines around the area were all being upgraded due to the growth of the town (residential/commercial/industrial). If you are in one of the many new estates going up I'd be really surprised if the line wasn't BB ready. Oh and don't expect Eircom to tell you! I had registered to be told, used their online checker many a time, before I found out for myself that it was enabled in my area.

I know someone else who's in one of the newish estates (4 years) and he has BB, unfortunatly I'm not in one of the new ones, I reckon I got added to some old infrastructure when I got my phone line. Hence the Unsuitable.
    I've asked for line checks, line repairs, and have had a check done from the service center - all failed.

As a phone line it seems ok.
    33.6k connection (56k modem) upload 14mb download 28mb (CS 1.6 session)and no errors over 3 hrs. Mind you I used to get 40k+ connections. But it could be my ISP.

Advertisement