Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the chances

Options
  • 06-10-2004 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I am thinking bout gettin a tattoo, and one thing I am wondering bout is what are the chances it will stretch. I dont want to rush into it, and the last thing i want is to get it and in a year or two it will have large lines goin through it. If anyone could answer??? And who would ye recommend somewhere in Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Frankieboy wrote:
    I am thinking bout gettin a tattoo, and one thing I am wondering bout is what are the chances it will stretch. I dont want to rush into it, and the last thing i want is to get it and in a year or two it will have large lines goin through it. If anyone could answer??? And who would ye recommend somewhere in Galway

Tattoos change with your skin mate, & they fade over time - it is unavoidable - unless you're gonna botox yourself all over for the rest of your life.....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

The mans got a point,
    go to a good tatooist and you'll get that little bit longer out of it but its still going to stretch and sag with your skin.You could always get it touched up after a while...?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Ya i suppose. I was thinkin bout the whole gettin it touched up as well if it does stretch. I was thinkin if i got something with no colour just black and it wouldnt be that thick as large amount of black together it might be easy enough to fill it in. What do ye reckon???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ajay

I got a tatoo on my lower bak over a year ago and my friendz say its startin 2 fade a little but not 2 much. New ppl dat c it dont no de difference, Its a good idea to get it done wit no colour dats wha i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

when colours fade they look awful,if you go for plain black when its fades it wont be as noticeable and it will also be easier to touch up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 toblerone

gud place to get tattoo done in galway is the piering and tatoo shop in by the army and navy store dats off shop street up a little alley, its just ablue door and V easy to miss so look hard. it V clean and professional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Yeah that's Metalworks. I get all of my work done there. Ask for Gordon, he did my lotus flower tattoo to perfection and is really friendly.

On the subject of it changing, it will.
    1, if you gain a lot of weight very suddenly it'll stretch and if you lose the weight again then your tattoo will look like a sundried tomato. That's why it's not a good idea for women to get tattoos on their breast or stomach if they plan on having children later in life

2, as you get older your skin becomes drier, this can change the texture on areas like upper arms etc. but moisturiser will fix that.

3, DON'T (i repeat DON'T) get sunburnt on your tattoo. It'll fade it. Always use sunscreen on it if it's going to be exposed. keep one of those 30spf lip balms/sunscreen sticks handy to rub over it if you get caught out on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

3, DON'T (i repeat DON'T) get sunburnt on your tattoo. It'll fade it. Always use sunscreen on it if it's going to be exposed. keep one of those 30spf lip balms/sunscreen sticks handy to rub over it if you get caught out on a sunny day.

Heh, my first tatt got sunburnt shortly after I had it inked and hadn't fully healed yet - it scabbed up and some of the ink leaked out through the scab! Think I'll have to get it re-inked at some point soon. I've learnt my lesson though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Thats nothing short of retarded allowing a fressh tattoo to get burnt.

Advertisement