Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3Com a/b/g Xjack card installation problem

• 06-10-2004 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I can't seem to find any solution to my problem with my 3Com 3CRPAG175 Wireless a/b/g card with XJack antenna, running on XP Home (no Service Pack installed because it didn't install at all with SP2! - I'll deal with that later...in the meantime my computer is clean).

So I have completely reformated my computer (Compaq Presario Laptop) and the first thing I have tried to install is this wireless card in an effort to avoid any hassle. Your supposed to install via the CD, with the card removed. I do this, however, after XP detects the card and sets a restore point, copies the necessary files, it tells me (everytime!) that the hardware may not work properly. In device manager the wireless card has an error icon and it tells me that the device cannot start (code 10). I have tried reinstalling the card repeatedly, restarting the computer, etc. I have also downloaded the latest installation file from the 3Com website - it looks like an identical process to the CD - but still get the same error. Troubleshooting recommends uninstall and reinstall which does sweet FA!

Please help me! I have no other hardware conflicts, and I've even uninstalled my network card (which was disabled already) in an effort to get the wireless card working. There's no other programs installed on the PC as of yet.

Argh! :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Forget it it somehow worked with a huge combination of repairs/reinstalls and fluke. :)

Advertisement