Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrator Password

• 06-10-2004 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey, Can anyone tell me how to get my administrator accoutn password. I'm trying to repair windows xp but I can't even remembers setting up an admin password.,Thanks Damien

Ps. If i repair Xp my files won't be deleted right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

your compueter makers might have setup one up.

1.try a blank one password.
    2.get a hold of a linux password reset disk and reset the password if its not a blank one.
    3. Repair wont delete your files.

Why you tring to runa repair. whats the problem you might need to through all of the above hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

its blank mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ok just to clear up it's not blank :) because I tried that. The problem is that I can access my Broadband in safe mode, but in normal XP mode it dosen't connect or something. It just says "This page cannot be displayed" I can't play any games online on anything happened just after SP2 install. Tried un-installing SP2 and rolling back but no joy. Any Ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

start>> control panel >> network connections

right click on the network connection (or internet connection depending on how you are connecting to the internet) go to the security tab (SP2) and disable the firewall - (it is switched on by default and blocks all ports when sp2 is installed).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DamienH wrote:
    Ok just to clear up it's not blank :) because I tried that. The problem is that I can access my Broadband in safe mode, but in normal XP mode it dosen't connect or something. It just says "This page cannot be displayed" I can't play any games online on anything happened just after SP2 install. Tried un-installing SP2 and rolling back but no joy. Any Ideas?

Since you can get into safe mode - change the Admin's pw there in the user manager thingy in control panel. I take it you have admin rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Repairing windows is very unlikely to do anything for your network connection settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I had the firewall off already but it makes no change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Here try this

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Rather than resetting the password to something else just blank
    it, and then when you reboot and log in as administrator change
    it to something else. It seems to work better than changing the
    admin password and then rebooting.

Worked wonders for me...

Advertisement