Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Firefox: a new brand of internet fanboi-ism?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I don't think it's 20%.

I read that IE still has 90%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

jessy wrote:
    FF has 20% of the browser market dont know where hes getting 0.24% from

The Mozilla foundation are aiming for 10% by the end of 2005, at the moment the combined market share of Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox is closer to 6%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

fragile wrote:
    The Mozilla foundation are aiming for 10% by the end of 2005, at the moment the combined market share of Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox is closer to 6%

where are you getting your info from?

have a look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

jessy wrote:
    where are you getting your info from?

have a look here

Those figures are from the w3schools.com web logs, and the kind of people who visit that site probably know their stuff about HTML and the web (more than the average punter anyway), and therefore more of them would use Firefox.

But whatever way you look at it, Firefox is growing steadily and it's taking it's users from IE. Opera and Netscape are staying about the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

surely its difficult to give an exact percentage rather than an estimate.

My sites traffic report tells me that 30% of the visitors are using FF.

Perconally I prefer Avant anyway.. that makes me part of the 0.5%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

womoma wrote:
    surely its difficult to give an exact percentage rather than an estimate.

My sites traffic report tells me that 30% of the visitors are using FF.

Perconally I prefer Avant anyway.. that makes me part of the 0.5%

Yep your right it is hard to get accurate percentages, I’m part of a ~1.9% minority myself, but I’m just glad to see M$ been taken down a peg or 2.:D I’m not to bothered about figures as long as it’s M$ percentage that’s dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

plazzTT wrote:
    I don't think it's 20%.

I read that IE still has 90%.

They're down to 89.5% or so when i last checked. Also they're aiming for 10% of the global market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

90%? That must be worldwide? Im sure in the West Firefox has more than 10%.. Anyways.. I cant believe how emotional people get about .. BROWSERS!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i dont care who makes a web browser as long as i dont get loads of spyware viruses and firefox has reduced it being loaded on my pc.

Advertisement