Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB mast on collins's avenue.

• 06-10-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Anyone here on this mast ? was wondering have you been getting ****e connections over the last 3 days , its more like a 56k connection for me at the moment speeds where sweet for the first 3 weeks with about 2 days of crap pings then over the last 3 days it gone to pot.(I have a slight bounce to receive the signal due to the mast not directly in my LOS )

Just wanted to know if anyone here was having the same problems before I go ringing them.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sluice44

Hi,
    I'm on Shanowen Road (1Mb connection) and I've had a very slow connection for the past week.

I've done a few traceroutes and it seems fine until it leaves IBB's masts. I wondered if the 'Internet' in general was slow but nobody seems to have posted similar problems. Now I'm wondering if the 'interface' between IBB & the rest of the world is dodgy. I'm not technical, BTW!!

Did you phone them - what did they say?

Sluice

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I havent phoned them yet sluice,being a non techy myself they'd probably fob me off with some sort of ****e,but I do have someone who works there looking into it for me so when I find out what the problem is I'll let you know.

Have been told it could be someone hogging all the bandwith....

Hi legion,
    Keep me in the loop when you hear any news.

When I signed up, the signal was 'reasonably weak' but they connected me up. I might ask IBB to hook me up to the next nearest mast (Coolock?) and see if that improves matters.

Interesting thought about someone hogging the bandwidth but, with everyone on a fixed IP address, you'd imagine they would cop on pretty quickly to a single culprit.

Sluice

Hi Legion,
    Rang IBB today to complain. He pressed a few buttons on his computers & said my signal was varying widely. He's getting someone out to me by the end of the week to 'investigate'. I'll let you know what happens.

There's a new building development between me & the mast. There are two large cranes on site - maybe they're interfering with the signal??

Sluice

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Aye,good stuff sluice..I sent you a couple of pms,check em out.

• Advertisement

Hi Legion,
    Got your pm's. Will post any updates on my end.

Sluice

Two IBB 'engineers' called yesterday. After 2 hours, they worked out that there was a problem with the mast. They claimed it would be fixed by Thursday evening & my internet experience would be transformed on Friday morning. I'm not holding my breath.

Why do they always travel in twos? Only clampers travel in twos. Are they afraid that a disgruntled customer will hold them hostage until the customer gets good service??

Sluice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Climbing onto rooves is a dangerous business, it's a good idea to have a second person around for it. Not to mention that it's fairly hard to attach an antenna to your chimney with only one pair of hands.

Advertisement