Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 ads

• 27-11-2000 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Just read today they are directed by David Lynch. They are memorable...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

I Love the visuals.. only thing is the quote, "the third place", i know its meant to be a mad other dimension sorta thing reference, but does it not just sound like them possibly saying "the third place (behind X-box & Gamecube)" i.e. shoot ourselves in the foot laeds..

nessstie smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Yeah the ads are ****ing crazy. But we're talking about them. Nice move Sony.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I saw them making them on Channel 4 on BITS a week ago, it looked a bit sad then though.
    Methinks that the X-box will kick **** though coz its much more powerful and its gonna have Black&White prolly, which is also gonna be huge.

Buggerit, Millenium hand and shrimmp......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

God those wans on bits are the most annoying tv presenters ive ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

You've obviously never watched Countdown.

It's about a society in freefall....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I ****in KNEW David Lynch directed them..

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Im afraid swifty is right kev, the Bits presenters are atrocious, far worse than countdown. On the few occasions Ive watched it it was painfully obvious they were reading straight from auroque, and they even emphasised the wrong words!!! Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Oh but your wan more than makes up for all their shortcomings biggrin.gif
    I seen one a couple of weeks ago when they were bringing the ps2 around the country and is seems one of them can play well. Of course it didnt show how long she had to practice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Figures, the one with the duck looks like it was taken straight from Twin Peaks.

Redesigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

The ads are very effective, make you think and therefore get them imbedded in your memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I read a while ago that Lynch was aiming to make the ads 'esoteric and subtle'

He certainly got the former down to pat :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cyberdog

What's the point when most of us won't be able to get our hands on a PS2 until next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sony are just trying to re-enforce their market in the 18+ market as is obvious from the ads.. and i dont think they're shown before 9?
    as they know kids are going to _have_ to get them regardless of how many ads are shown.

good strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There's the basic problem that a lot of folk have no clue what they're advertising smile.gif

Regarding the Bits presenters - one of them (can't remember which) is a pr0n star; however, the other two actually do know their games pretty well - they'd make passable journalists if they weren't doing the bit on the telly. It's mainly just the format of the show that makes them look like silly bints, because they themselves are pretty savvy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Emily Booth = Bouff = pr0n star, have a URL around here somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah looks like her allright

Also looks like shes a sh1te pr0n star aswell smile.gif

Anyway they get paid for playing the games and acting the complete fag0t on tele so how bad? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Advertisement