Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question:

• 07-10-2004 2:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Are there any music practice rooms around Trinity? I doubt they'd have a drum room, but are there any pianos that students can use to practice, at assigned hours? I'm going to be taking piano lessons, but can't afford to buy a piano (and keyboards just won't do!)..

Also, yay for 3am posting sprees, internet marathons, and red, sore eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

There's pianos in House 5 - I think they're just for people studying music to practise on but it's worth asking the department.

If it's a no-go there's a piano in the Music Soc room in House 6 and if you join you can practise there. Otherwise you can rent a practise room in Waltons on Georges Street for €4-5 for an hour. There's drum rooms there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Alright, thanks, that clears it right up!

*note to self - join music soc*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I have my brand spanking new Roland V-Drums in my bedroom in the GMB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

And there's an acoustic drum kit in the DURNS room at the top of house 6, kindly donated by desertcircus. Although no piano. However we are better than music soc, they didn't know how to use the aforementioned drum kit, what sort of music do they study!?!

I have my brand spanking new Roland V-Drums in my bedroom in the GMB...
    Is that an invitation? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Absolutely not! My drums are for me and me only.

If anyone has a Variax, though, interesting things could be done...

And yes, Music Soc are clueless. I was on the verge of tears after seeing how they'd treated my beloved drums (now DURNS's beloved drums). They duct-taped a beermat to the kick batter. On EACH SIDE. Incredibly disrespectful of how to treat other people's equipment. And that was after they'd thrown the lot into a trolley and pushed it across the cobbles without any attempt at padding the drums to stop them being scratched to hell.

Grrr.

Absolutely not! My drums are for me and me only.

I wasn't talking about that kind of invitation...:p

Advertisement