Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could bus stops on busy routes be further apart?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

To get back to the original question ... on some bus routes the stops are indeed ridiculously close together

One of the most stunning examples I can think of is on the North Circular Road coming down to Dorset St (at the back of the Mater) - there are two bus stops there which must be under well 100m apart (served by the 122 bus)- small thing I know but there must be countless examples of this in the city.

It might be an idea if there was a minimum distance between stops of say 400m (and maybe then ensure that all stops had shelters) ? ... but I think it would be politically unpopular to remove busstops (as you can see from the above Stillorgan example even if it's not quite the same thing.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

yeah on a slightly related point dublin bus at one stage introduced hail and ride on some of the imp routes
    no bus stops just put out your hand wherever you are
    what a disaster ten people on the one road all standing outside their front gates one after another

Advertisement