Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Newtownmountkennedy?

Options
  • 07-10-2004 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm wondering has anyone applied and or managed to get broadband in Newtownmountkennedy. I know it's here and applied (for Clicksilver with UTV) on the 23rg August. Seems there's no slots available, right. Anyway, just wondering if anyone in Newtown actually has broadband. I haven't called eircon or the exchange yet, as I wanted to check it out here first. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

The exchange has been upgraded and a few of the numbers I have tried for the exchange have passed. However mine was not one of them. I'd suggest you try the Line checker on the Eircom website and if your number passes caontact UTV and get them to push the order. If you contact Eircom they may take that as an order and 'reserve' the port - something which has caused problems for more than a few people in the past.

Good luck with it

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

I have checked my line on the web site and it passes. I spoke with utv yesterday and was told they are getting the 'no slot available' reply when they try to process my application. I've heard about the Eircom scam where if you try to get them to test your line they take it as a green light to go ahead with an application for broadband. I don't want that to happen, hense I haven't called them at all yet. It looks like I might have to at least call re the slot thing. I'm not going with eircom for broadband, not not not. Such a pain in the arse this whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Eircom say that the exchange is not fully active till end of october apparently, thats what i was told when i asked about kilcoole i was told that newtown was end of october fully active...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jam

No, it's true. I **** you not. I live in Season pk, put my order in a week after it was upgraded and I've been enjoying UTV broadband goodness for a week now. You can come and look if you like. ;)

Blitz, tell eircom where to shove it. It IS upgraded. The biddy probably didn't know/care.

Jam wrote:
    No, it's true. I **** you not. I live in Season pk, put my order in a week after it was upgraded and I've been enjoying UTV broadband goodness for a week now. You can come and look if you like. ;)

Blitz, tell eircom where to shove it. It IS upgraded. The biddy probably didn't know/care.

That cool Jam, at least I know someone has it here, makes it easier when dealing with Biddy's, and the like. :rolleyes:
    Btw...when did you put your order in with UTV?

• Advertisement

I know you said you applied a week after it was upgraded, but when was that exactly? Just wanna get all my facts straight before I go to battle! ;)

Well, I did ring Eircom a few days before to see if the sales rep was lying or not and I placed my order through with UTV on the 7th of Sept.

Edit: Edit: and my line was activiated on the 28th of Sept.

Jesus...maybe I applied too early!! I should get UTV to reapply for a slot...this is crazy carry on.

Let me know how you get on. If worse comes to worse, you can share my connection if you live close enough.

Thanks, but I'm up the other end in Springfield park. Anyway, we'll see what happen's. I've emailed UTV so I'll just have to wait now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

hmm very nice, ill have more words with eircon :P

hey jam can i come up with some CAT - 5 network cable :P

Advertisement