Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena and a Big Debut!!!!! Spoiler

• 07-10-2004 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Everyone that saw No Mercy saw John Cena Win the U.S title again which i was very happy about. But now im a bit confused Cena put in so much work to get his title back in a great 3 out of 5 falls series with booker T .
    But less than a week later John Cena takes on the debuting Carlito Caribbean Cool for the title only to lose his title to a new comer. WHAT!
    Does this mean there pushing cena for a WWE title run or are they just taking the title so Cena can return down under to OZ to finish the WWE movie "The Marine"

What are your thoughts on this!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its so he can go to OZ to START filiming 'The Marine'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I am disgusted that a lamoid such as Carlito is being pushed so hard by the WWE. Cool??? He is just lame beyond belief. His hair makes him look like an extra from the original Shaft movie. Take the makeup off Doink, dye his hair dark brown and whadya got? Carlito Calypso Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

and u have seen the man in the ring how many times? 0? dont be an idiot.
    i reckon it will be good for cena to have an arch enemy of sorts to fight when he returns in 3 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Cena will be gone for more then 3 months, thank god. Im sick of seeing some one win so many matches with a fire mans carry as a finisher. Idiotic! Gives them a chance to push talent, and to be talent you need TALENT!

Carlito winning the US title is not a joke at all. Its just stupidity for WWE. Put yourself in a midcards shoes, who has been with WWE for a while. Rey Mysterio was promised a US title run this year, which is obviously not going ahead. Then some OVW regect comes in to WWE with a terrible gimmick thought up in about 2 minutes by WWEs pathetic writing staff. I bet you would be pissed off. At least Cena, void of all talent as he is, waited title-less for the guts of 2 years before getting the US title.

What has happened to character building.

Do what I do. Pissed of with WWE. Download Impact every week and watch WRESTLING!

happy hunting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

WWE is just f**ken up the US title they have Hass Rico even i would go as far as saying orlando jones to give the title to but they give it to a first timer in the wwe who is from what i heard just S**t give me a break

• Advertisement

haha, d/l impact? are u nuts? u wouldnt know good wrestling if it jumped up and suplexed u in the face. i thought u were like the moderater here?

impact is like a poor mans heat. no doubt theres plenty of talent on the tna roster but its all been fed to jeff jarret for the past year. the guy makes HHH's run with the title back in 2002/03 look like a transitional run. jarret has buried any credible threat to the title.

every wrestler on their roster has generic gimmick no.34.

cool is obviously not a ovw reject since he's been promoted to smackdown, and

"what has happened to character building"?

a month or so worth of vignettes on smackdown was his character building. thats how wwe used to introduce new wrestlers in the past and thats how the choose to do it nowadays for the most part. it might suck but thats what they do.

fact is, he was advertised, he debuted, they put the title on him hoping it will give him a good impact, and they have a rivalry waiting when cena returns.

el rabitos wrote:
    and u have seen the man in the ring how many times? 0? dont be an idiot.
    i reckon it will be good for cena to have an arch enemy of sorts to fight when he returns in 3 months or so.

Oh and I suppose youi have been following Mr.Colon Jnr.'s career for years :rolleyes:
    If Carlito's dad wasn't a factor this fool wouldn't have been heard of outside of Puerto Rico based on his stupid gimmick.

"Oh and I suppose youi have been following Mr.Colon Jnr.'s career for years"

hell no i havent, but i'm not the one making posts about how sh!t the guy is when all anyone has heard of him is what they read in a smackdown spoiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Got to agree with Rabito here. No-one here knows anything about Carlito, so why make a snap judgement.

People are constantly saying that there arent enough good heel characters around the wwe at the mo, so why piss on one the minute he comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    "Oh and I suppose youi have been following Mr.Colon Jnr.'s career for years"

hell no i havent, but i'm not the one making posts about how sh!t the guy is when all anyone has heard of him is what they read in a smackdown spoiler

el rabitos, how the f*** do you assume to know what I do and don't know about Carlito, and no I am not just basing it on what I read in a Smackdown spoiler. It's not like he just materialised out of thin air, he did exist before joining the WWE you know, though he has hardly been a megastar by any standards in his 5 years as a pro, being just a jobber most of the time, and only being given a chance at all because his old man was moderately successful 2 decades ago, rather than his own skills.

i appreciate the subtle bragging of your extensive smart-fan knowledge, but my point is can we not give the man or any other new character being pushed at least 6 months or so before we go writing them off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I do think giving anyone a title on their debut is excessive, except when Christian won the light heavyweight from Taka - no one gave a c**p about that.
    But in a year or two's time when Cena wins the world title as he obviously will, no one will remember that he lose to Carlito. No one thinks of him losing his IC belt to the ridiculous Mountie when the name Bret Hart is mentioned, or indeed that the ruler of the world HHH once lost a programme to Henry Godwin.
    Cena is so over at the moment, he can survive such a defeat, so it's a good way for him to leave for a while. Now what's stupid is that they didn’t get someone to help Carlito and give a good reason for Cena being laid out and get that person over in the process, instead of having Raw mention that Cena was in a coincidental bar fight that will side line him.
    As for Carlito, he is far from cool , but he's no worse than the others over the years, some have worked , most have failed - as someone mentioned, Rocky fell on his ass , so did the ringmaster, Hunter was cannon fodder for the likes of Bret and 'taker.
    I know Carlito has obviously leapfrogged a lot of hard workers who are still waiting for a title shot let alone winning it, but that's always been the case.
    Look at Snitsky on Raw, he's a big guy fair enough and possibly a good wrestler , but being the guy who costs Kane a son is a fairly big angle to be given and I’m sure a lot of Raw guys would have like the heat/air time he's now getting.
    Then you have people complaining about Bradshaw having the WWE belt , he's not some blue chipper strutting in and stealing peoples places in the queue , he's been a solid worker for ten years , has good in ring skills and in my view has a great on screen persona, but there's no pleasing some people.

And after all, it's only the US title Carlito won, he hasn’t beaten 'taker at mania or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cena sucks ass, plain and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just love well thought out, intelligent posts like that.

As for the situation, something has occurred to me.

The current Cena storyline of being beat up in a club, is a re-hash of an old stoyline of Shawn Michaels, just before he went mega big time.

HBK missed a few months recovering (he was legit injured, but not in any brawl).

Cena is away for 3 months to film "The Marine".

Dont be surprised to see Cena return around Rumble time, and win the thing, kind of like HBK all those yrs ago.

And dont say -"how coild he go straight for the title after losing to a nobody like CCC?"

Well Cena lost no crebility losing, while pushing CCC as a decent heel. he only lost by cheating. By the time he is back, the US title is just a memory, bigger and better things await.

My opinion on it is that Cena is nowhere near good enough to main event material, but he is totally over with the fans, and thats a credential Vinnie Mac looks at very closely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

HBK has been one of the best workers there has ever been in the Business. Cena sucks ass, runs with a lame gimmick and finshes with a fire mans carry.

I don't feel the need to write long drawn out posts about why Cena sucks, if you have a brain im your head you should know why when I make a statement like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think Cena is a decent wrestler, he proved that right from his debut when he done a great match with Angle.
    He sticks to fairly basic, mat based brawler technique because it suits his image. Austin was the same 9 and yes i know his injuries forced him to change to a brawler style but it fit his image perfectly)
    As for Cena's gimmick, i'm not a huge rap fan either but most of the states is and thats why he's over so much.
    And yes the FU is crap, so is the 5 knuckle shuffle , but no worst than the people's elbow.
    And i would'nt judge a guy on his finisher, Hogan ruled the world with a frigging leg drop , and Warrior's splash was just as bad.
    Like him or not, Cena gonna be huge

Advertisement