Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinDbg set-up for target debug

Options
  • 07-10-2004 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up WinDbg to perform kernel level debug on an XP machine.

I connected a null-modem cable between the target and my host machine. I verified the serial link between both machines using Hyperterminal. I added the appropriate com port and baud settings to the boot.ini file on the target. I expected that once I rebooted the target and ran WinDbg on the host (with -k and the appropriate com port and baud settings), that WinDbg would successfully connect to the target. It doesn't - it says "waiting to connect" with "Debugee not connected" at the bottom of the window.

Am I missing a step here? Is there something I have to do on the target (other than the boot.ini settings) to turn on debugging?

Thanks.
    Stugots.

Advertisement