Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS deliveries from Esat

• 07-10-2004 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone had any problems with these people? Why would Esat send a courier to a household anyway?

They called to my house on Tuesday - nobody home.
    I rang them yesterday to change the address to my work address. Lady I spoke to said that was fine.
    Rang this morning after the van had checked out the package and was told that both addresses were on the system and he couldn't confirm that it would go to the new address.
    Still no sign of it now and I rang again to be told that they cannot guarantee the change of address! If I'd been told this yesterday I would have aranged for it to be collected from the depot. She tried to ring the driver but got no answer and told me that it's probably going to my home address! I asked the obvious question and she told me yes - they try a couple of times and then send it back to Esat! Why bother - they may as well just send it back now as there won't be anyone there during business hours.

Why kind of courier won't change a delivery address?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

yeah they are not too great IMO.

i was away last week on hols and when i got back there was a message from the driver sayin that they attempted to deliver the modem but nobody was around so its in the depot and to ring to arrange delivery/collection

I rang on monday @ 9am, requested to get it delivered to work... they said no problem it will be with you on tuesday.

I rang on tuesday @ 4.30pm, to check delivery status... they said it was still in the warehouse and would be shipped first thing in the moring.

I rang on wed @ 9am to see if it was sent out...they said it has not gone out with the driver and they would have to mark it for delivery and would be shipped first thing in the moring... i asked them would the same thing happen again this time... they said "no... it will be with you for sure on thursday". (HA)

rang on thurdsay @ 9am to see if it was sent out...they said it has not gone out yet again... and they would have to mark it for delivery and would be shipped first thing in the moring.. yet again i asked why it was not sent out... they said... "donno... your name is carl ****** right?" i said no that is the name of your driver (i knew this because of the voice mail he left while i was away)... i said "screw it ill collect the feckin thing" and hung up the fone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

SoundWave wrote:
    i said "screw it ill collect the feckin thing" and hung up the fone.

When they told me that they couldn't guarantee the change of address I told them that it I'd been told that originally I would have arranged a collection. They said that they don't allow collections!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

i have had problems with them too. my live date was the 20th of september! the first delivery attempt was the 23rd! i wasn't home of course so they left a note for me to ring back to organise another delivery! rang back and gave my package number, they said that the package number doesn't exist. after 30 minutes on the phone she said she found it and had it in front of her it would be out tomorrow.
    never arrived, no note saying attempted delivery, nothing!.
    rang back up next day said it had been delivered and signed for! wtf?
    rang esatbt they said it had been delivered back to them!!!!
    package arrived yesterday the 7th of october!!

do not expect prompt delivery from these people.
    they are also the irish base for komplett.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm doing up a letter for Esat. wft are they using a courier for to deliver to homes anyway? If there's noone in then you're foocked. If they'd posted it the postman knows which neighbours he can leave stuff with for me - he does it often enough.

If they're going to insist on a courier company then they could at least get one that can spell competence and have heard of customer service.

For the record I got my package on the day I posted the original post. The driver showed a bit of initiative - he put the parcel in the green wheelie bin which is at the front of the house and stuck a note in the door that it was there. Ten out of ten for using your head :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Macros42 wrote:
    he put the parcel in the green wheelie bin which is at the front of the house and stuck a note in the door that it was there. Ten out of ten for using your head :)

If only it was wheelie bin day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement